Long shutter delay thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long shutter delay thoughts

First off I love this forum edition to TBH and check it regularly even though I have nothing to add.

Atthewall's mount pictures with the long exposure and lighting tricks got me to thinking back when I used to play with my Pentax 35mm. Now days with photoshop it's no big deal, but I enjoyed playing with the long shutter delays. The first thing was to set up on a hill over the highway taking pictures having the head lights and tail lights streaking across. That got me thinking one night and I setup the camera on a tripod and opened the shutter while shining a light on the car with me leaning on the front. Then I turned the light off and went around to the back and turned the light on again. It was fun showing that picture to people and having them try to figure out how I was in two places in the same pic.

Like I said now days it would be no big deal with photoshop, but I figured with you guys talent there could be some really cool things done with it.

I miss that camera, it's no longer with me due to water damage on a fishing trip involving a stump and a hole in the hull.

I bet that was kinda cool.......got any of the pics you can scan and post?

Comment

I put this together a while back. I've been meaning to do it again with better lighting (more even). One kids, five places in the frame!

Click image for larger version

Name:	swing project (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	23841181

Comment

Now that is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
        X