Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with a combined color and black-white photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
    Ok I've done this a couple of times but I have a really difficult time getting the outline. It seems that no matter what I try I get part of the backgound selected as well or miss part of the photo I want to be color. How do you photoshop guys get such precise outlines?
    zoom in and manually select your outline if the colors are really close to the background color. There has to be a definite line between the subject and background for the auto select tool to work properly.

I Used Microsoft Digital Image suite for mine, I think it's easier than Photoshop for me.

Comment

When I do this in PS I don't use the outline tool, I just create a new layer for the BW, then use the history eraser to erase the new layer and display what is underneath (color).

Comment

You do still have to zoom way in to ensure you are only erasing over what you want to be color.

Comment

I've done it with picnik. www.picnik.com

Comment

Haven't been able to get the shot yet. Weather wasn't good Monday, and yesterday it was too windy. Gotta find a better way to hold the flag down, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
              When I do this in PS I don't use the outline tool, I just create a new layer for the BW, then use the history eraser to erase the new layer and display what is underneath (color).
              That's a great way to do it. I just gave it a go in Elements and it does make the detail work a little easier than using the outline tool. Worth the price of admission right there!

Comment

Working...
              X