Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light bar identification... quality or not???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light bar identification... quality or not???

Got this light bar for free because it was not working. Took the end cap off and found that the wires were stripped and touching. Re-wired it and it is working just fine.
    No idea on brand or quality.... anyone have any ideas. Want to put it on my mule, but don’t want it to be a junker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No clue but hell it was free. I'd bolt that sucker up and run it until it went out for good

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks a whole lot like the Rough Country I installed on my ranger. It’s a great light.

If it works and it’s free, why wouldn’t you put it on?

Comment

My understanding is the bulk of the components are all the same, the main differences are things like how well the wires are connected and the caps are sealed. And you know that was crap! Toss it on and replace if it doesn’t work.

Comment

Yeah.... it was free! Mount that sucker and run it till it dont run no mo! I paid 120 for a light that size bud.

Comment

It is a cheap POS, I will take it off your hands free of charge use it accordingly.

Comment

Even if it's an amazon unit, it should work fine especially since it was free. My amazon bar is going on 3 years and no issues yet

Comment

I agree, I'd run it. Put some good silicone sealant on the light, just to be safe.

Comment

Yup silicone the hell out of both end caps. I’d also go a step farther and take of the main from around the light if you can, held on by the small Allen screws, and seal that up as well. That’s where the moisture entered on mine

Comment

Originally posted by JM1989 View Post
                    Yup silicone the hell out of both end caps. I’d also go a step farther and take of the main from around the light if you can, held on by the small Allen screws, and seal that up as well. That’s where the moisture entered on mine
                    This right here! And as posted most of the components of these lights are about the same. It's the manufacturing/assembly process that is different. You already know that light had issues, but if you pull the other cap and maybe the front face and silicone seal them when you replace them, I'd bet it would run just fine and give you years of service. It's not generally the electronics that fail initially on these light bars. It's moisture getting into them first that causes failures.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      This right here! And as posted most of the components of these lights are about the same. It's the manufacturing/assembly process that is different. You already know that light had issues, but if you pull the other cap and maybe the front face and silicone seal them when you replace them, I'd bet it would run just fine and give you years of service. It's not generally the electronics that fail initially on these light bars. It's moisture getting into them first that causes failures.
                      When I took it apart last night it looks as though the unit had been pulled off of something and both the wires stripped about where the came out of the unit. I took the cap off and cut the wires back and attached new leads with shrink tube over the splices and silicone'd the inside well as I put the cap back on. Will do the same to the other end and front before I mount it.

Bright as can be.

Yall are right....might as well run it as long as it wants to shine....

Comment

I will take it and pay for shipping if you elect to toss...Ü i have a cheap knock off on my Jeep nd it works just as good as the $$$ ones, Way i see it is if it goes out its a hell of a lot cheaper to replace then the expensive ones.

Comment

Working...
                        X