Christmas Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Weather

What are the models saying about the weather for Christmas? One model I saw is hinting at a strong front right around Christmas and I know a lot can change. What says the green screen's weather guys

Just got through reading about it myself. Although it's 2 weeks out, models are becoming more consistent with a good front and some moisture around that time. Something to keep an eye on....

Comment

Originally posted by bows08 View Post
      Just got through reading about it myself. Although it's 2 weeks out, models are becoming more consistent with a good front and some moisture around that time. Something to keep an eye on....
      where did you read about it?

Comment

We are gonna see a white Christmas here in North Texas. Why, because I want it to be so.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          where did you read about it?

Online weather forum I'm subscribed to.

Comment

http://forums.khou.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2199

interesting read. thanks

Comment

http://forums.khou.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2199

Anytime someone invokes “1983” as a point or reference, I become highly doubtful....

But there is something that models see that indicate both cold & wet, at least for the moment

Comment

And I saw the word “sniffing” used several times, which makes me skeptical as well.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                  And I saw the word “sniffing” used several times, which makes me skeptical as well.
                  Kinda makes one wonder if Bauce302 writes for KHOU, haha

Comment

Already backing off the moisture. One of the models on Sunday had a bonafide blizzard along I20 & N Christmas Eve & Christmas morning

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      Already backing off the moisture. One of the models on Sunday had a bonafide blizzard along I20 & N Christmas Eve & Christmas morning

Of course they are. [emoji53]

We need the moisture in a bad way at our lease NW of Abilene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Where is Phil? I need to get my hopes up

Comment

Just seeing what the experts are thinking

Comment

any updates?

Comment

I can confidently say that it won't be 80 degrees this Christmas.

The GFS has been very consistent in bringing a potent Arctic airmass straight down the lee of the Rockies and deep into Texas around the 23rd, give or take. Other thing is overriding moisture bringing a very nasty ice sleet/freezing rain event into the state, devastating for some parts.

The European model is just coming into range and is not near as cold with the front and no winter storm. Just have to watch it over the next week. Interesting times ahead.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X