Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football Championship Week (Week 14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
    I don't think the AD at TN has the ability to close the deal on anyone with any talent right now.
    And he is the highest paid AD in the conference I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      Looks like Brohm to UT as they like him over Morris. That paves the way for Sumlin to Purdue (his alma mater).

Football Scoop pretty much calling Fisher to the Ags but haven’t declared it official yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      havent paid attention in last 24 hours.. what happened to asu for sumlin...they pick someone else up?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        havent paid attention in last 24 hours.. what happened to asu for sumlin...they pick someone else up?
        We are spending time interviewing guys who haven't coached college ball in 30 years. No coach yet but the Sumlin rumors to ASU are calming down.

Comment

That was all from Looch

Comment

The ASU AD is requiring the new coach to keep the current OC and DC and most of their staff. It sounds like suicide to me and I'm not sure what coach would hire on in those conditions.

As far as Tenn. they are going to get a new AD so if you hire on as the coach you don't know who your boss is going to be or who is really calling the shots. Sounds like another 4-5 years of under performing for Tenn.

Fischer will come to A&M after he coaches FSU's last game. It looks like he wants to finish the season and get them bowl eligible.

I understand that a lot of fans see bowls as just another game but to the players and families and staff it's really a lot more. It's a vacation/celebration/last chance for seniors/family reunion all wrapped into one. Even a minor bowl played on Dec 18th can mean a lot to a program.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              That made me LOL..
              x2

Comment

Pretty salty grab to get Fisher with so many looking this year. If you're gonna fire your guy this year, I have to think JF was the biggest fish available.

I would not have thought it possible a few weeks back..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Pretty salty grab to get Fisher with so many looking this year. If you're gonna fire your guy this year, I have to think JF was the biggest fish available.

I would not have thought it possible a few weeks back..

It wouldn't surprise me if these talks had been going on since week 1

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    It wouldn't surprise me if these talks had been going on since week 1

Yeah, I didn't realize he was unhappy in Tallahassee.

Comment

They're making it known where they'd like to end up.[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What happened with Fischer to LSU last year? Did he just now get unhappy and will A&M be responsible for a buyout?

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                          What happened with Fischer to LSU last year? Did he just now get unhappy and will A&M be responsible for a buyout?
                          Rumor is LSU refused to pay Jimmy Sexton's ransom $$$$.

But, that is LSU talking. I think he used LSU for leverage. I am sure Fl St is about sick of his being romanced every year and is ready for him to move on.

Comment

Fisher*......not Fischer....

Heading off at the pass so those that add the C don't overwork themselves with another keystroke..

Comment

What I read was LSU offered him what he was initially wanting but then he came back and countered their offer asking for more for him and his assistants. They said no and then FSU gave an extension.

But who knows, LSU has a horrible AD who has been known to make idiotic decisions.

Comment

Also the buyout is just paying his assistants what they are owed which is around $7mil. The $40million buyout for Jimbo is only if they fire him.

Comment

Working...
                                X