No announcement yet.

Fraudulent Contractor...Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And aside from just being a fraudulent contractor this someone who has evaded paying taxes for the last 20+ years and makes six figures every year. My whole life this man has made a living being a crooked dishonest person in every way. He paid 42k cash for a truck but on paper looks like a broke a**

Comment

And I thought my father was a POS - next to yours, he's a choir boy. Sorry you are having to deal with this situation. God bless you for having the courage and desire to do what is right.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Wow.

There is no GC licensing in Texas. Scope of work often is limited by scale of available money of clientele...even if it could or should be done.

Good luck.

Comment

So, if you knew he did all this his whole life, why in the hell did you hire him to work for you? Did you really think he was gonna do anything different that what he is/has? Seems like you are at as much fault as he is in this case....

Comment

You can start here https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd...umer-complaint

If insurance is involved you can report here https://www.tdi.texas.gov/fraud/report.html

If he's on Parole or Probation report him to his parole/probation officer.

Notify local LEO

While you're at it report him to the IRS https: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-...fraud-activity

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
              So, if you knew he did all this his whole life, why in the hell did you hire him to work for you? Did you really think he was gonna do anything different that what he is/has? Seems like you are at as much fault as he is in this case....
              Uhhh. Where did the OP say that?

Comment

I don't think he was saying he hired him. I believe he is just aware of him continuing to do this to others.

God Bless!

Comment

Did you not read the original post??? Who said he was working for me?? My little brother who my dad has had nothing to do with his whole life tried to work with him for the past few months and witnessed all of this. Yea you could say he is guilty for being there but my little brother knows the elderly customer is being taken advantage of and wants to put a stop to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    Uhhh. Where did the OP say that?
                    He didn't...but someone didn't pay attention when they read the OP

Comment

Originally posted by TKC View Post
                      I don't think he was saying he hired him. I believe he is just aware of him continuing to do this to others.

God Bless!
                      I can't say i knew he was doing it... Like i said before he has been convicted and charged of doing this type of work and i had no recolection until my little brother came to me and told me. I don't want this to happen to anyone else and i think he should pay for what he has done. My whole life i have done the oppisite of this man and will continue to do so. I have a conscience and I care about anyone who is being taken advantage of.

Comment

Ok, misread the post. Sorry....

Comment

Ok, misread the post. Sorry....
                          Sorry is not going to cut it! To the pit of misery with you! And the guy above who is stating incorrect facts on the internet about being required to have a contractors liscense.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                            Sorry is not going to cut it! To the pit of misery with you! And the guy above who is stating incorrect facts on the internet about being required to have a contractors liscense.
                            Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Civil matter which usually have little to no help from local DA or officials. Unfortunately proving theft or fraud falls on the victim which is why this problem exists so much in the construction industry.

As for general contracting or remodeling licenses are concerned, Texas hasn't had a governing agency since 2009 with the sunset of the Texas Residential Construction Commission. Even then it was a minor background check to be a "member" and wasn't technically a license. The benefit was ultimatley litigation protection for the contractor if a project over 15k was registered and a fee was paid to the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
                                Civil matter which usually have little to no help from local DA or officials. Unfortunately proving theft or fraud falls on the victim which is why this problem exists so much in the construction industry.

As for general contracting or remodeling licenses are concerned, Texas hasn't had a governing agency since 2009 with the sunset of the Texas Residential Construction Commission. Even then it was a minor background check to be a "member" and wasn't technically a license. The benefit was ultimatley litigation protection for the contractor if a project over 15k was registered and a fee was paid to the state.

Yea well im hoping with the past convictions of fraud and theft it will help the DA and sheriff's office make a case. And from what i know he has already collected over 50k from more than one customer.

Comment

Working...
                                X