Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeep people, what lift kits are you running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeep people, what lift kits are you running?

I got my 2014 JKU Sahara a few months ago, and it's just unacceptable. The ride height and tires make it more like a car than a Jeep, so I've gotta get that fixed. My new wheels and tires were delivered this afternoon, so now I'm on the clock to find a good lift kit. I'm thinking somewhere in the 2.5-3.5" range, enough to handle 35" tires (with stock fenders for now), with good road manners. It's my daily driver, but needs to be able to handle mild to moderate of road, consistent with an average Hill Country deer lease.

I've looked at a number of kits ranging from $500 - $1500. If prefer that it include shocks (or be enough cheaper than the competition to allow purchase of good shocks) and ideally have front lower control arms to preserve the geometry for good road manners. What have you guys had experience with, good or bad? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Metalcloak. Had one on my Cherokee and I'll be putting it on our LJ ASAP. In both my and my wife's opinion, it rode better than stock. If you watch, they will run a special for free shipping and I believe they offer a discount for first responders and veterans.
    Last edited by Fargus; 05-15-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks I'll check them out

Comment

Second on the Metalcloak suspension. Buddy of mine ran their full 6 inch on his Rubicon and it's held up to some pretty tough trail rides as well as being his daily.

I'm a fan of old man emu as well.

Rubicon express, sky jacker, etc lifts will do the job but if you're actually going to wheel on trails then I wouldn't recommend them

Comment

Check out Rusty's

Rusty's Off-Road is a leader in the 4X4 industry with our innovative line of Jeep specific products. Our in-house manufacturing and R & D keeps our products on the cutting edge. With our in house manufacturing we are able to control cost and sell retail at wholesale cost without sacrificing quality.

I've been happy with the suspensions parts I've bought from them for my XJ.

Comment

Honestly on my 15 I went with a fabtech 4". Hated the way it drove. I just got a 17 and I am going to go jks or aev. They aren't cheap but seem to be two of the best for daily driving.

Comment

3" BDS on ours. 35s with room to spare

Comment

I ended up getting a 2.5" Rock Krawler Flex kit, adjustable front lower control arms, springs, bilstein 5100's, adjustable front track bar, seems like a fairly compete kit. Hoping to install it tomorrow.

Comment

Well, she's done except for an alignment. Two days worth wrenching on her, I think she turned out good.

Comment

Bringing this up to the top. The wife is looking at a 3” lift and new 35” Tires on her JK. I am clueless when it comes to car stuff. This is her daily driver and never used for off road. What am I looking for and any shop recommendations in DFW?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I would suggest no more than 2.5", personally, that's all I have and I've got plenty of room for 35's. My personal opinion is that you need a kit that replaces the front lower control arms with new ones, and adjustable track bars or a correction bracket at minimum.

Comment

I'm on a 3.5" Metalcloak on my 2013 Rubicon. We love it. With the 35's I need aftermarket fenders. The factory ones will rub with the travel it has. I also changed out the front driveshaft because the travel limits exceeded its travel and could pull out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8556.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24519433

Comment

You Jeep people need to check out my sisters stuff. She makes custom Jeep parts.. burntcustoms.com.. she’s legit.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                            I'm on a 3.5" Metalcloak on my 2013 Rubicon. We love it. With the 35's I need aftermarket fenders. The factory ones will rub with the travel it has. I also changed out the front driveshaft because the travel limits exceeded its travel and could pull out.

[ATTACH]884109[/ATTACH]
                            I mentioned her because I saw yalls AJP stuff. She makes all sorts of custom foot pegs, wheel well inserts... I was pretty **** impressed how good she was at fabrication. She has always been artistic and when she showed me her fenders she did on her own, the bumpers she did, lighting .. never knew she had it in her.. she is so **** good she was able to quit the corporate life and make Jeep stuff. Pretty crazy

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
                              I mentioned her because I saw yalls AJP stuff. She makes all sorts of custom foot pegs, wheel well inserts... I was pretty **** impressed how good she was at fabrication. She has always been artistic and when she showed me her fenders she did on her own, the bumpers she did, lighting .. never knew she had it in her.. she is so **** good she was able to quit the corporate life and make Jeep stuff. Pretty crazy

I will be looking her up. Jeeps modifications are addicting.

Comment

Working...
                              X