Save the Date - The 12th Annual TexasBowhunter.com Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save the Date - The 12th Annual TexasBowhunter.com Open

All you golfers need to mark your calendar for June 10th. We will have our 12th annual TexasBowhunter.com Open Golf Tournament at Fossil Creek.

More details to come soon....I'm still working a few things out, but we plan to have the same format as last year. I'll update you all soon....but wanted to let you know the date now, so you can mark it in ink

Im in!

Comment

I'm in. Just need to find a group. Let me know if someone needs a 4th.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

What are the rules! Members only or can others come?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post

Looking forward to it!
          Im not 100% certain but I think it has been a two man scramble. Im waiting on all of the format info myself. If I remember right there are two flights based off of handicap.

Comment

Where is Fossil creek.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Im not 100% certain but I think it has been a two man scramble. Im waiting on all of the format info myself. If I remember right there are two flights based off of handicap.
              Nice. Guess I'm looking for a single. Preferably someone who is straight off the tee!

Comment

Heck yea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post

Looking forward to it!
                  Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  What are the rules! Members only or can others come?
                  Maybe this will help....and it does not have to be members only. Although, they will most likely be a member by the time it ends

Tournament Format and Awards

Format:

2-Man Scramble is the competition format. It is exactly what it sounds like: a scramble in which the teams consist of two players each. After each shot, the better of the two shots is selected and both players play from that spot, until the ball is holed. One team score is recorded.

Two Flights:

1) Trophy Class Flight – As a guideline, if the combined handicaps (or best guess) are 25 or under, the team belongs in the Trophy Flight.

2) Cull Flight

**Winners of the previous year’s Cull Flight automatically move to this year’s Trophy Flight**

Tournament Awards:

1st 2nd and 3rd places in EACH of the two flights will be awarded trophies.
                  (12 trophies)

Additional Contests & Prizes:

1) Closest to the Pin Contests (2)

Cash prizes will be awarded on two holes for the competitor that hits his or her tee shot closest to the pin from the designated tee box. (Cash amount based on participation.)

2) Long Drive Holes (2)

Cash Prizes will be awarded on two holes to the competitor that hits the longest tee shot from his or her designated tee box The tee shot MUST be in the fairway in order to qualify. (Cash amount based on participation.)

3) "Possible" Range Contest
                  Winner takes all. Cash prize will be awarded to the winner of the Range “Wedge Hunt”. For 1 hours prior to tee off, participants may pay to enter the Wedge Hunt for $2 per shot or 3 shots for $5. Each
                  participant to hit the 3d target, will advance to a Final round to be held 30 minutes prior to the tournament tee time. Finals: each competitor gets 3 shots, closest to target wins. If two or more hit the target in the final, a one shot shoot-off until there is a winner. (Anyone may enter.)

Note: This tournament will strictly be a fun, quality event conducted through tournament fees.

And to say it again.....I am still working on all this, more details will come later. The purpose of this thread is just to get all those interested with the date inked on calendar.

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
                  Where is Fossil creek.
                  The Club at Fossil Creek
                  3401 Clubgate Dr
                  Fort Worth, TX 76137

Comment

Thx Mary.

Comment

Bummer. We are in Denver

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Bummer. We are in Denver

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Dang...I sure miss you guys!

Comment

The GF and I are in!

Comment

I've got some long drive titles to defend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang, I've been out of town most years when you have it Austin. This year I'm actually going to be in town and you move to FW.

One weekend later and I would have been at Jellystone in Burleson.

Not a big deal, I'm not a golfer but have been known to drink a beverage or three.

Comment

Working...
                              X