Wild hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild hog

What are some good ways to prepare hog meat and some recipes for cooking it.

I always do the ice chest thing after its quartered up. At least five days. The day before you cook it, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Earl Campbells all pourpose season salt (Mesquite Country can prolly get ya some). After seasoning it, marinate it in a 50/50 mixture of Italian dressing and worstershire and let it soak overnight. Cook it over coals at 250-300 degrees till almost done. For the last 30-45 min wrap in foil and add a little sop and let er go! I have yet to have anyone tell the difference between wild or store bought pork.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
      I always do the ice chest thing after its quartered up. At least five days. The day before you cook it, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Earl Campbells all pourpose season salt (Mesquite Country can prolly get ya some). After seasoning it, marinate it in a 50/50 mixture of Italian dressing and worstershire and let it soak overnight. Cook it over coals at 250-300 degrees till almost done. For the last 30-45 min wrap in foil and add a little sop and let er go! I have yet to have anyone tell the difference between wild or store bought pork.
      HEY, RH thats making my mouth water..........its about time to get together and sling some arrows.......and burn some pork. Its been awhile, we're slipping.

Comment

sounds good to me...=]

Comment

Soak mine in brine/beer ice water for 12 -16 hours... Ice chest I have never tried. Then I use a large 12 qt. crock pot - put in pot (Large roaster would work as well I guess),
          with..
          3-4 lbs. chunk of hog.
          1 1/4 cups of water
          2 large onions - large cut pieces
          1 1 /2 cups cubed potatos
          2 cups carrots (cut to bite size)
          4 cloves of garlic ( or 1 1/4" tsp granulated/powdered)
          1 tsp. salt
          1 1/2 tsp. pepper (I love pepper - u can cut back)
          1/8 tsp. coriander
          2 packets McCormicks brown gravy mix
          Simmer all day at low heat, Can be served with rice or eaten as a stew with cornbread.

Hope you enjoy.

Comment

Working...
          X