Clear All

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
    Saw Perkins will be suspended for one game
    Hmmm?

Comment

CFB 2016 Week 5 Thread

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Hmmm?

Typical suspension for DWI in CFB, what's the question? Were you hoping he wouldn't play in Dallas? Charlie too lite for your liking?

1 game suspension, public apology for his actions, the PIT, counseling and public service. It won't be a cake walk and he's never been in trouble within the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Chad C; 09-26-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        Typical suspension for DWI in CFB, what's the question? Were you hoping he wouldn't play in Dallas? Charlie too lite for your liking?

1 game suspension, public apology for his actions, the PIT, counseling and public service. It won't be a cake walk and he's never been in trouble within the program.

Just thought Ol Chuck would be a little tougher with those stringent core values is all.

Comment

Just thought Ol Chuck would be a little tougher with those stringent core values is all.
          He didn't knock out a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Oh, and then there's that LSU thing...

As I said last year, firing a coach with a .770 winning percentage has the feel of being one of those "be-careful-what-you-wish-for" type things. My Ags experienced it after firing Slocum (and hiring the "hot" name at the time - Fran - away from Bama (you're welcome!)) It happened to UT when they fired Phil Fulmer (they're still trying to come out of it.) Hey Georgia fans, remember Mark Richt? How is he doing down in Miami? Michigan after Carr. Nebraska after Solich.

LSU is a marquee program, but there's no doubt that programs as big or bigger than LSU have sufferered long, unintended consequences after firing solid, consistent head coaches. Here's hoping Tiger fans soon long for the glory days of Les Miles!
            This is what I am most afraid of. But after the almost firing last year they told Les that he needed to change the offense. Instead he stuck with his buddy cam and the offense did not change at all. I hope the program doesn't fall off and I hope a new head coach and OC can keep the defensive coordinator and just turn around the offense and make them even better. Only time will tell.

Comment

Well, he's 22 years old and of legal drinking age. Guess he's gonna treat him like an adult.

Comment

Yaw Yaw taking over. "Give me a water T-Boy"

Comment

I am OK with the 1 game suspension for Perkins. I figured Charlie would have leaned towards 2 games based on all I have heard but unless you are in the locker room you really don't can't comment.

Comment

CFB 2016 Week 5 Thread

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    I am OK with the 1 game suspension for Perkins. I figured Charlie would have leaned towards 2 games based on all I have heard but unless you are in the locker room you really don't can't comment.

I think he took into account that he's a good kid that hasn't got in trouble that made a mistake. Perk will get the message with everything he has to do so I don't think an additional game would do anything in that regards.

Strong is known for his discipline but he's also known for second and third chances and helping his players too.

Comment

Sometimes the best football players are not choir boys. Actually it's probably 40-60.

Have the facts came out? Did he leave Trudy's after dinner and blow a .09 or was he really up to no good?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        I think he took into account that he's a good kid that hasn't got in trouble that made a mistake. Perk will get the message with everything he has to do so I don't think an additional game would do anything in that regards.

Strong is known for his discipline but he's also known for second and third chances and helping his players too.

Agreed Heath. Your past behavior (good or bad) should weigh heavily in the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Sometimes the best football players are not choir boys. Actually it's probably 40-60.

Have the facts came out? Did he leave Trudy's after dinner and blow a .09 or was he really up to no good?
                          .17. passed out in drivethru. wrecked his car.

disclaimer: this is what I have read

I have no problem with the suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

I don't know what Trudy's is but not much good happens on the streets at 2:52 in the morning. [emoji16]

Comment

Nothing good happens after midnight as they say.

Comment

I guess none of us have been 22 years of age and did dumb things. He did and got caught. Be careful because one of your players may be next. Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X