Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed Broadhead Opinions (Another Broadhead Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Broadhead Opinions (Another Broadhead Thread)

I love my mechanicals, but I also want a dependable fixed blade in my quiver as well.
    I tried Slick Tricks and was shooting both the Magnum and Grizztrick 2, but I just couldn't get them to fly well out of my bow. I tuned it to them, but when tuned to those heads my field points and my mechanicals wouldn't fly true (hope that makes sense). Plus, I didn't get very good blood trails with them so I want to try something new.
    I know I just said all that about Slick Tricks, however, the new Wicked Trick has me very intrigued! So that is one of the ones I am looking at also, if anyone has shot it yet.

The ones I'm considering are as follows:

Slick Trick Wicked Trick
    Wasp Dart
    QAD Exodus
    Trophy Taker Quad Steel

If anyone has any experiences with these please post what you know and help a brother make up his mind!

Thanks!

I know you didn’t ask about this Broadhead but I would highly recommend Magnus Stingers. After trying the others I always come back to the Stingers. Great company and they fly great out of the fastest bows. They penetrate well too.

Comment

Another to consider - Magnus. I smoked a big sow with a Magnus Ser Razor last year. Devastating wound complete pass through - and it was in perfect shape ready to re-use again immediately.

Comment

Ramcats. Awesome broadheads.

Comment

No experience with Wasp Darts, but I used Wasp Hammers for several years. Good head, as is the G5 Striker. The Striker is probably still my favorite fixed blade.

Comment

Ramcats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HDJ View Post
              Ramcats. Awesome broadheads.
              Not sure you will find a hybrid head that will shoot like these and you will not find one with the cutting diameter of the heads anywhere!
              They are basically a fixed, replaceable head, but the blades will rotate to a 90 degree angle if they try to back out of a critter. they are also sharpened on both sides of the blades!

Comment

I’ve never heard of slick trick magnums not giving a good blood trail. I’ve had nothing but good results with them (Have only had one deer out of the last 15 or so run further than 50 yds).

No experience with your list of interest though.

Comment

Ramcats.

Comment

Out of your list the exodus is a great head that flies great and is sharp. But the wicked trick and quad steel are interesting to me as well and more than likely will pick some up to test.

I’d also add to the list: Magnus black hornet, wacem xl, tooth of the arrow, and the afflictor fixed blade.
                    I just got some of the Afflictors in my bowhunter box club and I’m liking them so far. Thick blades, seems solid, and fly good so far

Comment

Shot about 20 pigs with a Magnus Black Hornet last year. Take a look at them. They’re brutal.

Comment

Same here. I've paper tuned, bare shaft tuned and cannot get a fixed blade to fly with my field tips. I feel your pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Iron Will

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Shot about 20 pigs with a Magnus Black Hornet last year. Take a look at them. They’re brutal.

I hear good things about the hornet. Tried them and heard a whistling sound? Any noise when you shoot em?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                              I hear good things about the hornet. Tried them and heard a whistling sound? Any noise when you shoot em?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              No sir but I’m hard of hearing.

Comment

Working...
                              X