No announcement yet.

Just found a DEAD 22yo Honduran Immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's sad to know a human suffered to death, but they should know what they are doing before they take off. I wonder how many die from snake bites?

Comment

My wife and I are from Honduras. Sad storie but I know it happens.

Comment

I know was bound to happen, but in 27 years we've never found one until today. I think it was a somber few hours for my dad and Pancho. After losing my mom last fall, I think it was tough on my dad seeing a dead body. He sounded pretty low when he first called to tell me the story.

I reassured him it wasn't our fault and it was only time until we found one. The guy died about 800 yards northeast of a windmill. He must have been very lost.
        Last edited by Peyton; 07-23-2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

We've found one...

My buddy's family has 40,000+ acres and they average finding about 9 a year... of course they are on a major pathway...

Project that out a little... over say a couple million acres... and figure out how many actually die...

and those are just the ones they find...

Comment

Man, bad news for sure. But they take the risk.

Comment

Man, thats a bad way to go.

Comment

Sad indeed. I see them pretty much every year. When I see the direction they're going it makes me wonder...
                I had a couple try to climb the tower blind I was in last year right at daybreak. It's scary when you don't know how desperate they are. I yelled at them in Spanish and chambered a round. They quickly were on their way moving through the brush, not on the senderos.

Comment

This is very sad, but like many have said "its the risk they take"

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    He knew his risk
                    X2. Nobody forced him to do what he did, he exercised his God-given free choice, and made a bad one.

Comment

doesn't make the story any less sad. It does state the obvious though.

Comment

Let's you know we aren't the only ones that say, "give me liberty, or give me death!"

Comment

Honduras??? he came a long way. Sad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckAssassin View Post
                            Honduras??? he came a long way.

Up to half of illegals caught are "OTM's", other than Mexican, meaning they came from thru Mexico on their way here. Many are robbed, raped, or killed along the way. The S TX Brushcountry is the last obstacle, and July isn't the wise time to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                              My dad just called to tell me that he was woken up at 7:30 this morning by our hand Pancho knocking at his door. When he opened the door, Pancho was frantic and speaking very rapid spanish words like "muerte, hombre, and diga me"! My dad jumped in the truck with him still not sure what was happening, and they took off across the ranch.

Laying between the ranch road and the border fence was a dead man. My dad could tell that he hadn't been there long. He called the BP and the scene was quickly secured. Upon inspection, they found his Honduran ID and also determined that he was traveling alone right before he died of dehydration or heat stroke. He was 22.

The funeral home came out and loaded him up about 30 minutes ago.

Traveling alone? I have a very hard time believing that. I hope that your dad and Pancho can get over the shock of this soon. A sad deal for all involved.

Comment

From what I hear there are very few Mexicans coming over. They say they are very happy where they are at. Its the folks from farther south that are heading north.

Comment

Working...
                                X