Inks Lake Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inks Lake Hunting

I may have an opportunity to hunt some private land about 200+/- acres just south of the dam. I camped at the park when I was a kid and saw a lot of deer but never hunted near or around it. I am going to go next week and walk and see what's up. Any information about this area and the deer herd?

I live in burnet and hunt around burnet. There is a good deer herd in that area. With some really good bucks. Let them grow and I've seen good number of 140"+ deer come out of that area.

Comment

I’m curious too. I’ve heard there’s aoudad by Buchanan.

Comment

High density of deer. Lots of targets. Turkey. Beautiful. A big deer will be in the 30s at best. You won’t kill any monsters if that’s what you are after.

Comment

I think you need a hunting partner [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Target rich environment

Comment

Yes there is a decent about of aoudad that live in that rough country around the lake.

Comment

I'm jealous. Lots of deer around there.

Comment

Just makes me think of Camp Longhorn. Haven’t been on that lake in years

Comment

My kid shot that buck in my avatar within 10 minutes of there. That is a typical 8 point with age on it in that area. Probably mid teens deer

Comment

Mentored Hunt Workshop at Inks Lake

I will be participating in the 2018 Mentored hunt workshop at Inks Lake, my first time hunting. Anyone ever participated in this program before? any thoughts on it, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X