Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
    Nice goat and bucks everyone!

Just getting caught up. Hunted opening weekend and the deer are spread out, I managed a no brow tine management deer but didn't see much else at the feeders. There was a 150" toad killed by a lease mate opening morning but there was a little deer camp drama over it so I'll just post a picture of the deer.

What kind of drama?....age issues?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the pronghorn

Comment

congrats JR. That's on my bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            What kind of drama?....age issues?
            Kind of...buck was definitely mature but lease manager wanted one more year on him. Miscommunication between lease manager and first-year member over whether do not shoot list was "suggested"...

Comment

Kind of...buck was definitely mature but lease manager wanted one more year on him. Miscommunication between lease manager and first-year member over whether do not shoot list was "suggested"...
              Hahahaha

Comment

That sucks all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What was his age?

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Dang it man. That's rough. Does the lease manager hunt with y'all?

Looks like the buck you posted earlier in the year askin age on.. Is that him

Last edited by arrowsonly88; 10-03-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                      What was his age?
                      Fairly confident he was at least 5.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                        Dang it man. That's rough. Does the lease manager hunt with y'all?

Looks like the buck you posted earlier in the year askin age on.. Is that him

Yes, manager hunts with us. Yes, same deer.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          That sucks all around.

Yeah, it does. Exactly the situation I do not want in deer camp. One guy just shot the biggest buck of his life and wants to celebrate and one guy just lost the top deer in an extensive management program and wants to kick the other guy off the lease. There are a couple of other factors involved and I definitely see both sides, but that's not for the green screen. There are a couple of positives, though...everyone is crystal clear on the do not shoot list and other unwritten rules and we've got some good solid physical evidence that the management plan is working and we've got the potential to grow some giants.

Comment

Sounds like a good reason not to have unwritten rules. If you want something to be a certain way, put it on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Sounds like a good reason not to have unwritten rules. If you want something to be a certain way, put it on paper.
                              Agreed...and I'm a dadgum lawyer - just figured everyone was on the same page but it looks like there were two sides to the paper. No worries, it's been worked out. It was nice to put my hands on a big heavy rack like that knowing it's the result of a few years of big feed bills and tagging out on does and 3 year old forkhorns...chalk it up to a learning experience and move on!

Comment

Understand management plans and we have a great group. Mistakes will happen, not worth tuning deer camp vibe over 1 deer. Heck of a buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X