Hill Country Rain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill Country Rain?

Got almost 2 1/4” today, so far, here in Sonora! That makes almost 3 1/2” total in the last 3 days. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

The water level in this small pond behind my house is usually a foot or more below the top of the rock wall. It’s running over the top right now!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Bisch; 08-12-2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

San Saba

Water is coming over the roads in areas and creeks are moving pretty good. Much needed rainfall.

Comment

4” at our house SW of San Saba. The place north of Brady has had 4.5” on the east side and almost 3” on the west side.

Comment

This is the site I use for rain totals. Check the state and county boxes them zoom into the area you want.

National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service (AHPS)

Comment

Originally posted by Carta Valley View Post
            Did Carta Valley get any rain?
            I was at lama alta all week not a drop

Comment

All these places in central Texas are receiving buckets of rain and we’ve had about .15” outside of Llano.
              The ranch south of town has had about 1/2 inch. We watch storms come in from all directions dissipate right before they hit only to reform on the other side of us. It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen.

Comment

We definitely needed it at our place.

Comment

Nothing but sprinkles in South Austin.

-------------------------------
                  Violence never settles anything
                  -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Two more Good showers in Pipe Creek today, raining now again at my house.
                    NW side of San Antonio getting some too, here at work.

Comment

Llano county finally getting a good soaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Farmlogs updated overnight. I’m showing 2.2 inches of rainfall since Friday just SW of Rocksprings with a chance for more today. Looked like the country from Del Rio to Camp Wood got a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                          Two more Good showers in Pipe Creek today, raining now again at my house.
                          NW side of San Antonio getting some too, here at work.
                          Great news...I was in Pipe Creek last weekend and it was dang sure crispy.

I bet we don't have quite as much action on my water trough now though

Comment

We need some more rain

Comment

We got a little over 5 inches here in Oatmeal and thank the good Lord for that!! We were getting in pretty bad shape around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                                All these places in central Texas are receiving buckets of rain and we’ve had about .15” outside of Llano.

The ranch south of town has had about 1/2 inch. We watch storms come in from all directions dissipate right before they hit only to reform on the other side of us. It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen.

Same here in Dripping Springs. Less than .2 inches over the whole ‘event’. Most nearby gages have at least 1.5, Johnson City has right at 5. Happy for folks that got rain- everyone needed it, but it’s tough missing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X