Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used Well out of Houston with no issues

Comment

Copper Smith did a great job for me, they will assisting with the 2018 shipment from RSA as well. Money well spent imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had asked my taxidermist who he used for tanning and they are a local shop here and again not on USDA’s list. I really don’t like the thought of my skulls and horns floating around a tannery anyway. Would rather get them in my possession as soon as possible. Then hand off the ones I am having mounted to the taxi

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
          Headed to Africa this September and still trying to finalize who I want to use on the import side. What says the green screen?

No big five the only “problem child” could be a warthog euro.

I have talked to Safari specialty importers, Coppersmith and Well worldwide.

Really liked SSI as they handle export and import but they only want to ship my crate to a USDA licensed facility my taxi is not one so I really want the crate shipped to me. Both coppersmiths and we’ll have no problem with this.

Anyone care to share there preferences and experience
          I will be going next June and hope to bring back a warthog and a baboon. What kind of problems will I be looking at with the baboon?

Comment

I personally have not looked into baboon as I have no interest in shooting one but I believe they are treated much the same as warthogs. Also not sure if they require cities or not

Comment

Like others have indicated, we use Coppersmith...3 times now and no problemas...I'm sold.

Last batch arrived just in time for Fathers Day.

I'll apologize in advance for the lack of modesty...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                If you will be getting your trophies mounted your skins will need to go to a tannery.. Major tanneries are USDA certified.. The broker you chose can ship your crate directly to the tannery... "Houston Fur Dressers" is a good one for African skins..

I’ve got a crate sitting in my house now that has 4 capes and skulls to be mounted, a couple backskins and flatskins, and 6 impala skulls. I picked the crate up from Coppersmith once it was cleared, and will send the critters to be mounted to my taxidermist when I am ready to have them mounted! They did not need to go to a USDA facility, and don’t need to go to a tannery till I’m ready to have them mounted!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  I’ve got a crate sitting in my house now that has 4 capes and skulls to be mounted, a couple backskins and flatskins, and 6 impala skulls. I picked the crate up from Coppersmith once it was cleared, and will send the critters to be mounted to my taxidermist when I am ready to have them mounted! They did not need to go to a USDA facility, and don’t need to go to a tannery till I’m ready to have them mounted!!!

Bisch

10-4 but was there a warthog or primate in the crate?

Comment

I used Well Worldwide Logistics twice and was satisfied both times. Both crates included primates and warthog. In my case, the crate was shipped to the tannery and I picked up all skulls and horns from there.

Comment

Agree on Coppersmith. Worth the money. I saved a few hundred bucks last trip by picking up my own stuff at Delta Cargo and clearing it with USFWS and customs. Not worth the hassle, IMO.

Comment

Trophy Importers

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        10-4 but was there a warthog or primate in the crate?

No! I had a warthog in my crate the trip before. Coppersmith sent it to Flagg Group. Flagg Group redipped it, charged me $95, and released the crate.

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 06-28-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I did coppersmith and was pleased with the service.

Comment

I used Worldwide Energy Logistics, Lynette Lilley out of Houston...

Comment

Living in the DFW area I've used both Flagg Group and Coppersmith to import. Flagg group will do all the importation and secondary dip for free if they do your taxi work. That made it very easy for me. But, I've also used Coppersmith twice and both times have been flawless and very simple. I'm not sure what I'll do next summer when I get back from Africa, but if I use an importer it will likely be Coppersmith since I've used them twice without any issues

Comment

Coppersmith is off my list, they did s terrible job for me including missing items and damage to the crates infront of me. Still fighting with them

Comment

Working...
                                X