Alexa in hotel rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
    only if you can paypal me through my facebook app on my google home linked to my alexa.

I'll also need a picture of your drivers license for verification...
    I only wire money... or Bitcoiin2gen... through the snapchat finance app.

It's set up through bluetooth in my truck and requires me to enter my SSN for security purposes, keeps me free from hackers, scammers and the government.

Comment

Alexa in hotel rooms

Originally posted by Neck View Post
      For your smartphone to actually pay attention and record you, there needs to be a trigger, like Hey Siri or Okay Google for example . Without these triggers, there's no recording. But when it comes to apps like Facebook and Instagram, no one knows what the triggers are. In fact, there could be thousands. An ordinary conversation with a friend about needing a new pair of jeans could be enough to activate it. Although, the key word here is “could,” because although the technology is there, companies like Facebook vehemently deny listening to our conversations.

And I say FB is a lying sack of crap. My wife and kids use that garbage and they constantly have stuff that they’ve talked about pop up in their FB app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For your smartphone to actually pay attention and record you, there needs to be a trigger, like Hey Siri or Okay Google for example . Without these triggers, there's no recording. But when it comes to apps like Facebook and Instagram, no one knows what the triggers are. In fact, there could be thousands. An ordinary conversation with a friend about needing a new pair of jeans could be enough to activate it. Although, the key word here is “could,” because although the technology is there, companies like Facebook vehemently deny listening to our conversations.
        Vehement denials generally turn into public apologies, given time.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
          I'm selling tin foil hats fellas!

New and improved alexa-blocker installed for just $27.95USD + tax
          Don't need a hat, or Alexa.

I can Google my own stuff, AND turn on my lights and TV.

Comment

Know of an investigation going on where they are using her to gather evidence. Its happening. We have one Alexa in the kitchen...she should be gone by Monday.

Comment

Several years ago my mom was complaining of ads popping up on her computer about things she had talked about. For a while I thought she was just paranoid. Well, about a year later there was a news story that came out stating that a TV manufacturer was in trouble for installing microphones into the TVs and selling what they picked up to advertisers. Come to find out, she had that TV so she wasn’t paranoid and making it up like I had thought.

So basically, if the device is a “smart” device, it has the capability to spy on you.

Comment

So my friend texted me "crown royally" (apparently he had been consuming a little too much) and 4 minutes later on instagram there was a crown ad...I've never searched crown and it was the first time I have seen that ad. They move quick! I've noticed them gathering info from searches and even verbally with my phone not in use but never through text messages yet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

and you believed whoever you got that from....tisk, tisk....

DTA

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    Vehement denials generally turn into public apologies, given time.
                    it's the algorythm's fault...like there wasn't a **** poor programmer that wrote the code....or a very smart one....the fact that this line is taken as an acceptable answer is blasphemous...

Funny thing how ol' zuckerberg doesn't like people following him, taking pictures of him, he forced many people out around his hawaii compound and then built a wall around it, even though he rails against a wall on the southern border and funds leftist groups that rail against the border wall.

for you tin foil haters....

Pentagon Kills LifeLog Project - ended on February 4, 2004

The Pentagon canceled its so-called LifeLog project, an ambitious effort to build a database tracking a person's entire existence. Run by Darpa, the Defense Department's research arm, LifeLog aimed to gather in a single place just about everything an individual says, sees or does: the phone calls made, the TV shows watched, the magazines read, […]

The Pentagon has pulled the plug on LifeLog, its stunningly ambitious effort to build a database tracking a person's entire existence.

Facebook launched on February 4, 2004

How a confused, defensive social media giant steered itself into a disaster, and how Mark Zuckerberg is trying to fix it all.

Last edited by blacksunshine; 06-23-2018, 03:09 AM.

Comment

I have heard these conspiracy theories for a few decades. Now that I am nearing the ol 60 mark, what does it really matter. If the are worried about one person out of 300 million plus you are doomed anyway. So might as well embrace it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        I have heard these conspiracy theories for a few decades. Now that I am nearing the ol 60 mark, what does it really matter. If the are worried about one person out of 300 million plus you are doomed anyway. So might as well embrace it or not.
                        just wow

Comment

I guess I live a sheltered life. What is Alexa?

Comment

Mine is called Alecia.

"Alecia, change the channel."
                            "Alecia, make me a sammich."
                            "Alecia, get me a beer."

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Ask it who Mohamed is, then ask it who Jesus Christ is.... try it

Same with anything liberal vs conservative it’s sickening really
                              Someone ask. I want to read what it says.

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              Mine is called Alecia.
                              "Alecia, change the channel."
                              "Alecia, make me a sammich."
                              "Alecia, get me a beer."

Or
                              "Alecia, stop slapping me."

Comment

Working...
                              X