4 Wheeler fuel leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
    Look at a 4 wheeler parts site and they will have an exploded view and you can see where it goes. Forgot to mention the first time there is a hose thar comes off thst nipple and hangs down below the motor so if it leaks it wont build on top and catch fire. Good luck.
    I've been looking at the parts diagrams but I'm not seeing it. Thanks for letting me know about the hose, because there wasn't one on there when I noticed the leak.

Comment

It should go on the screw that holds the bottom of the carb on. I think it goes inside the bowl between the bowl where the screw goes. Probably why you missed it taking it apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
        It should go on the screw that holds the bottom of the carb on. I think it goes inside the bowl between the bowl where the screw goes. Probably why you missed it taking it apart.
        It's too big for the screws that attach the bowl. This piece came with the new carb kit. I can't find the old one to replace. Hopefully it's still in the correct place; wherever that might be

Comment

Looks like the drain that drains the carb bowl. There is a needle valve that opens and closes the drain. It's probably on the other side from where you took the picture. Looks like an ordinary screw in at the bottom of the carb bowl. So the gas is leaking past the needle valve. I have fixed this issue by opening the valve and let a little fuel flow past and Reclose. This will flush out any debris.

Comment

The washer goes on the outside of the bowl on the retaining screw. Had carb issues like this before. Best thing to do is always run mid grade or higher gas and always add a fuel stabalizer to every fuel up.(sta-bil) Mine did not have a filter for the fuel on it. So I bought and installed a inline filter between the tank and carb. No issues in the last 2 years.

Comment

Only a couple of washers on the exploded view. One goes with with screw that holds the bowl with the wire thar suppors the idle screw assembly. Other one is #42 on the exploded view on the choke assm side. Look at powerpartsplus.

Comment

Needs a Carburetor kit I'm sure.

Comment

All good mechanics have loft over parts.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC Hunter View Post
                    The washer goes on the outside of the bowl on the retaining screw. Had carb issues like this before. Best thing to do is always run mid grade or higher gas and always add a fuel stabalizer to every fuel up.(sta-bil) Mine did not have a filter for the fuel on it. So I bought and installed a inline filter between the tank and carb. No issues in the last 2 years.
                    This.......especially about the fuel filter?
                    They make tools to determine how much ethanol is in your fuel.
                    Or just buy racing fuel (I sell it so it's easy for me), aviation fuel, Or ethanol removers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                      Originally posted by GBC Hunter View Post
                      Look at the pic. This carb does not have the single retaining bolt for the bowl. It has 4 screws at the corners.

Comment

OP, most of the time the rebuild kits will service a few different carbs. Yours may not need that washer.

Comment

Looks to me like it's part 4 in the exploded view of the parts picture I found. But it doesn't fit on that needle jet at all. Maybe goldeneagle is correct, and it's for a different carb.

Comment

Check out Youtube there are several videos of people rebuilding carb on their atv's. Watch the one by D-Ray Smith, it really detailed.

I just put a rebuild cart in my 05 Honda Rancher, runs like a top.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
                              Working on rebuilding the carb. Can anyone tell me what this little Washer goes on? I've looked all over this thing and nothing like that came off when I took it apart.[ATTACH]762234[/ATTACH]
                              Pry the old one off that big screw on the left, I can see the separation line on it.

Comment

Got it fixed and running. Thanks for all your input fellas

Comment

Working...
                                X