Vehicle Ozone Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Ozone Generators

I read some positive reviews recently on the scent crusher Ozone Generator unit that plugs into the 10v outlet in your vehicle. It's not an Ozonics, but it seems like it might help. It retails at Cabela's for $49.

I did some digging and found this one for around $15 bucks. Is it just me or does this look like the same thing?

I'm probably going to be pocketing my $35 unless someone can convince me its different.

this one works great.

i only have to run it in the truck occasionally... cleans things right up...

don't let it run for days without starting your vehicle, it will drain your battery

3rd unit down on the page, $39.95
    Ozone Air Treatment Systems, for the home or in the field.

Comment

Shouldn't you have a vent when generating Ozone? I always worry when running my Ozonics if its not a heavy wind about exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by bsmizzy07 View Post
        Shouldn't you have a vent when generating Ozone? I always worry when running my Ozonics if its not a heavy wind about exposure.

Only if you're going to inhale it. Open the doors before you get in.

I wouldn't sit in the truck with it going.

I use my ozone machine for clothes in my truck. Just hook it up to an inverter and set the time for 30min.

Comment

Ozone is harmful to rubber. If this little generator produces enough to help with odor, it is likely damaging all the rubber components on the inside of your vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by MidLifeKtm View Post
            Ozone is harmful to rubber. If this little generator produces enough to help with odor, it is likely damaging all the rubber components on the inside of your vehicle.
            guess i haven't noticed any breakdown. been running it for years.

damage must be negligible...

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
              guess i haven't noticed any breakdown. been running it for years.

damage must be negligible...
              Or there isn't enough Ozone being produced to have any effect on anything. If there is, remember the seat belts are nylon!

Ozone Compatible Materials, ozone materials chart, o3 compatible material, Materials Compatible for Ozone, Materials Compatible for o3, ozone and EPDM, ozone and Hypalon, ozone and rubber

Comment

Working...
              X