I haven't found a straight answer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't found a straight answer.

Does any one know for sure if we can or can't hunt in Sabine national forest or Moore plantation? I have plans to stay and camp there next week with a friend and I Called the station twice but no answer. I found one article lead on here someone posted but didn't say what was or wasn't open, except for sure that if you have to pull through a gate then it's closed.

Nobody knows?

Comment

Somebody please!!!! Help a brother out!!

Comment

Call the Jasper TPWD office, and get the answer straight from them if you need to.

The way lady explained it to me was, if had any dealing with money, it's closed. The ways include paid campgrounds, paid employees, or locked gates.

Primitive campsites are still open.

I hunted Banister WMA, this past weekend with 0 issues, and plan to go back in couple of weeks.

Comment

Ok I called Sabine but not Jasper. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lesson 101 View Post
            Ok I called Sabine but not Jasper. Thanks

The Regional Office is in Lufkin. Jasper has a local office.

Comment

I figure that any place I can get into without going through a gate is OPEN...

Comment

Sabine national forest is NOT open, she said the only place that is open in that area is Moore plantation. Finally got the Beaumont office to answer. Jasper and newton counties wouldn't answer the phone.

Comment

Sabine National Forest is open to hunting. Sabine District Office and all fee areas are closed. Hunter camps that are not recreation/fee areas are open.

Go camping and hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                    Sabine National Forest is open to hunting. Sabine District Office and all fee areas are closed. Hunter camps that are not recreation/fee areas are open.

Go camping and hunting.
                    Better explanation of what I tried to say

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post

Go camping and hunting.
                      I guess it wont hurt to try. I called the Beaumont TPWD and the lady told me flat out no federal land is open for any reason except Moore plantation because it was state land. If you don't mind me asking how did you find that info in case I get stopped I can have proof to back up my story?

Comment

For the National Forests - Hunter camps will remain open, but developed camp sites are closed. They are open to hunting. Law Enforcement will still be present and patrolling the areas.

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
                          For the National Forests - Hunter camps will remain open, but developed camp sites are closed. They are open to hunting. Law Enforcement will still be present and patrolling the areas.

Thanks for the good news. I get to tell my buddy pack his bags we going camping then. lol Im getting excited. If anyone on here is in the area next weekend come by the campsite and say hi. We will be in tents. Either on 114 or 152 not 100% sure yet.

Comment

Lesson - good luck to you on Moore and used to hunt the area off of 114 when I lived in Jasper.

Comment

yah get out there no problem. Was out in SHNF this past weekend. Wife was worried and was trying to find out if it would be ok and all she found out was no, no, no. While I was like while yes , TBH's say its ok.LOL. So when the game warden drove up to the camping area at 3:00 am, he was there giving us a wake up call not busting us, I knew all was ok then. Hunt on.

Comment

Working...
                              X