Black mouth cur - free to a good home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black mouth cur - free to a good home

I need to find a new home for our dog Beaux. Our house got flooded during Harvey and we are currently staying at our in laws house for an indeterminate amount of time. They have a cat and Beaux has become obsessed with it. He follows it around all day and I’m afraid he will eventually have a go at it. I hate to do it but we need to re-home him before something bad happens to the cat.

Beaux is a blackmouth cur about 2 years old. We picked him up as a stray over new year’s outside of Lufkin. He is great with my other hound and has been good with both of my children (1 and 3). He can be a bit rambunctious at times but is a good dog. He is current with all his shots and heart worm. The ideal place for him would be a place without cats and some room to run. Also – he is house trained. He has been an inside/outside dog with us, sleeping in a dog bed at night in our bedroom. He weighs about 60 pounds and is neutered.

Right now he is in Lufkin but I’m willing meet somebody with him in order for him to have a good home. I work in the Beaumont area. Please PM me or post if you have any questions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170203_214320_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	25126417
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170617_174655_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	25126418

Good looking pup hope he finds a good home

Comment

Chef on here needs a dog. His wife ran over his yesterday.
      He seems to have lots of acreage and cows. Might be a great adventure for your dog....

Here you go:

Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 09-12-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

That face would cost me 5 good dog treats a day. (Chicken feet is my favorite dog treat)

Comment

He fits the bill for Chef with size and temperament, however I have no idea how he reacts to cows.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
            That face would cost me 5 good dog treats a day. (Chicken feet is my favorite dog treat)

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwww
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Awwwwwwwwwww
                Hilarious.............

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                  He fits the bill for Chef with size and temperament, however I have no idea how he reacts to cows.
                  It is a very smart athletic dog that wants to please. Chef and puppy will work it out.
                  Marriage made in heaven...........

Comment

Man, are you sure he is not just "herding" the cat? Cur dogs do have that instinct in them. My mom has a 15yo border collie and any small dog or cat she is right on their tail every where they go. They stop, she stops and just stands there. Hate foryouto have to give up a good pup because his new intermediate home doesn't fit him too well.

Comment

Anyway to set up a baby gate to keep the dog out of certain parts of the house? When we take care of my mom's German shepherd we use a gate to keep the dog out of certain parts of the house so the cats have a place away from the dog.

Comment

Surely somebody can "foster" him for you until things get back to normal for you.

Oh and I forgot to add the cat should go before the dog. The only thing I despise more than a cat is a house cat

Comment

It's what I do
                          Attached Files

Comment

More info about the living arrangement - all animals are free roaming on their property, its a few acres. He may well be "herding" the cat but he's lunged at it a couple of times. The last thing I need right now is for my dog to hurt their cat, I'm juggling work and rebuilding my house. That's why we feel its best for him to have a new home.

Comment

IMHO the best working dog breed in the world. Also good family dogs. I had one years ago that would hunt hogs, work cattle, and blood trail. And he knew what job he was on and never got mixed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X