How many feeders to set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many feeders to set up?

The place I live on is 300 acres with a couple of draws, mostly crp with mingled plum thickets and a few small groves of trees. I currently run 3 feeders on my setups all at least 1/4 mile apart. I have about 15 does and 7 or 8 bucks(at least in years past, none that Ive seen this year) that hang out on the place. There are several wheat fields about a mile from my place and it seems the deer mostly bed on my place and travel to feed. How many feeders would you set up? I want to set up more stands but I am afraid of overdoing the feeders.

How many do you want to fill? Something will eat the corn that the feeders throw. It may be deer or pigs, or both, as well as many other small animals. I have not seen your place, but I would probably put at least one for every stand or blind, if you hunt feeders. If you hunt the trails going to the feeders, you may not need as many stands. Short answer: at least three.

Comment

Would a couple more feeders bring in more deer or would it spread the deer out where they just go in a circle eating from all the feeders? I don't want to get in a situation where when I hunt I dont see deer because they are at another feeder and I picked the wrong one that day, but I do want to draw deer from other areas outside of my property that may not be coming by on a regular basis. I only have one neighbor that hunts within a mile of me so I think I have the monopoly on corn feeders in the area.

Comment

I have 5 on 300 acres, but 80% is wooded and a pretty high population.

Comment

Working...
        X