I shouldn't be surprised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shouldn't be surprised

Helped a younger guy that I would guess was in his late 20's jump his car on the way home. The guy had NO clue how to jump a car. Like I said in the title......... I shouldn't be surprised but I don't understand how you don't acquire some simple abilities just by living.

Glad you could help and maybe teach him as well.

Comment

Nobody taught him.

Comment

Most jumper cables I have seen have instructions attached.

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen04 View Post
          Glad you could help and maybe teach him as well.
          I showed him how to do it and told him where some batteries can be hiding in other cars. I feel like I did my good deed for the day.

Comment

"hiding batteries" reminds me of my '69 VW with the battery under the seat--

Comment

Lack of a Father Figure is my GUESS.
              My mom taught me.....

Comment

Good deed done for today. Maybe you were the first person to ever talk to him about cars. Hope he was appreciative of the effort.

Comment

Like others have said, maybe his first time ever seeing it.

Comment

Shame on his old Dad

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                      "hiding batteries" reminds me of my '69 VW with the battery under the seat--
                      My favorite was some late 90's Dodge car my buddy had you needed to remove the passage tire that allowed you to get to an access panel that housed the battery inside the fender.

Comment

I guess I am more surprised this is the first time he had been involved in this situation. Maybe he had been and didn't pay attention. I would have thought a guy his age would have been able to put two and two together tho.

Comment

i had a 30 yo man ask me the other day to help him change his battery because he didnt know how. asked him if he could change a tire, he said he just learned how to do that last month!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            Helped a younger guy that I would guess was in his late 20's jump his car on the way home. The guy had NO clue how to jump a car. Like I said in the title......... I shouldn't be surprised but I don't understand how you don't acquire some simple abilities just by living.

I say the same thing everytime i have to tell the 20's to 30's home owner that their home is not on fire...its just a dead battery in the smoke detector.
                            I bet i have done that at least 1000 times in 17 years and most often its 2AM

Comment

^^ you took the bait, and he got you to change it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X