Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping for $110 a square foot.

Comment

A custom here in Bryan/college station your looking at 125-135 on your own property.

2 things:
      Square foot prices will always vary depending on finishes. Asking sqft prices is kind of a loaded question. There are just too many finishes these days to just go off sqft prices.

The other thing that's hurting you is the pull of sub contractors in East Texas. As of right now subs can kind of charge what they want all across Texas. So they charge what they want and there's not enough competition to keep prices low. I also feel like concrete in etx is a little more pricey since they have to travel further.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
        I'm getting quotes around NB upwards of 150- 170 for a custom German farmhouse look

If your building in SA/NB area I know a guy. You can check out my house building thread. If you want his info PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would get more quotes. I would think $110 should be able to be found. Have you got any other quotes yet?

Comment

I've only got one quote. I also just found out he forgot to include the septic system at another $5,500. That comes out to $128 sq ft now including septic and dirt work.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I am in the process of building a custom home and everyone saying under $110 or even 120.....good luck :-) need to do a full schedule of finishes, drawins, septic design, septic, dirt, blah blah. All in I am looking at 140-150 and started this with 120 in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
                  I price houses for a custom builder in the north Texas area (north of Denton) and we would be around $90-$95 for the house itself depending on plan and location.
                  For a 3500-4000 sf custom???? I may need you to send me your website/info again.

Comment

I just had one built three months ago and came out at 116 a sqft

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                      If your building in SA/NB area I know a guy. You can check out my house building thread. If you want his info PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      PM' sent

Comment

I'm contracting my own and will be at $84 a sq ft.

Comment

Don't move to Montana.....you will **** a chicken at the prices up here......175-250/sq ft

Comment

Real James Hardie products are not cheap. You also have to consider the additional caulking/painting costs. Its nearly a wash compared to brick. Also you said brick fireplace. If you mean a truly traditional brick fireplace with brick flue/chimney your looking at an additional $7 to $10k minimum. Your $126 per sqft may be a bit high but not insane. Lots to consider besides "granite"....Window quality? HVAC equipment? Custom cabinets? Trim package? Flooring materials? Tile surrounds for tubs? Custom shower? All these items add up (or deduct) significantly.

Comment

It's been a eye opener for me. We are about 50k higher than where I thought we would be.

Comment

Build them all the time start at 130.00 per sq.ft.

Comment

Working...
                                X