Trailer/CDL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer/CDL question

So I’ve had a 3/4 ton for about 14 years, now in a DRW 1 ton. I have a class B exempt(firefighter)DL, and I have farm exemption. I’ve read the Texas laws about it, but just like government, it’s as clear as mud. What are my limits on hauling MY stuff?

CDL exemptions:
    2. A vehicle controlled and operated by a farmer, used to transport agricultural products, machinery or supplies within 150 miles of the individual's farm,

But it doesn’t give a weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats talking about a combined GVWR of 26,001 or heavier. Below that it makes no difference as long as youre staying in state. Interstate the rules get a bit trickier again.

Also, if you want to play by the farm exemption rules youll need a Class A DL, but not a Class A CDL.

Comment

your stuff if GVWR is over 26,000 you need a class A, but it does not have to be a CDL, just class A DL.

Comment

1 ton dually got buddy in trouble, got rid and got 3/4 ton and beefed up rear suspension

Comment

For the last four years I’ve pulled a 20’ flatbed with my farm tractor or a 24’ w/dovetail and my backhoe behind my F350 and no LEO has even looked my way. All I have is a regular DL, whatever that is, and farm tags on my truck and trailers. Am I just lucky ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            For the last four years I’ve pulled a 20’ flatbed with my farm tractor or a 24’ w/dovetail and my backhoe behind my F350 and no LEO has even looked my way. All I have is a regular DL, whatever that is, and farm tags on my truck and trailers. Am I just lucky ?
            I think its more location dependent. Lubbock and north i dont have an issue. Turn south towards the Permian and ill get hit fast. Same as south texas oil patch.

Comment

Working...
            X