East Texas buck down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas buck down

My 10 year old finally connects this year. He has stayed hooked dispite some horrible luck this season. He first missed a huge 8 early season with his xbow at 30 yards. He clipped a branch and sent the bolt just over his back. Then he made a poor hit on a 140" 10 that we have several years of encounters with. Some may remember the post that day about the busted limb on my Parker xbow which I let him go ahead and shoot when that stud came in that evening. I believe the xbow still sent the bolt true spite it's splintered limb, Lane was just shaking so bad due to a case of the fever! Buck fever. I found that gut shot buck 3 days later, only problem is someone else found him first. Rib cage, hide, backbone, all four legs were there, just no head and horns! Tire tracks right up to the carcass. Somebody has a nice rack that doesn't belong to them! After contacting the local GW as to what to do, he tells me to let Lane continue to hunt. We have made many sets and had some great encounters just nothing that we wanted to harvest, until this evening when riding through the ranch we spotted this shooter about 800 yards away and made a stalk to him to get Lane within range with his .243. We got to @ 175 and I helped him get set on the bi-pod. He made the shot dropping him in his tracks. I'm so blessed to have some great ground to hunt and make these memories with my boys! Thanks to The Lord for such blessing this year in his awesome outdoors!

Congrats. Good one.

Comment

Congratulations to him and to you on a very proud moment. Good looking deer guys!

Comment

Man look at that smile

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats to both y'all!!!

Comment

congrats to your son! Sounds like yall are on a good east Texas property.

Comment

Awesome!! Congrats!

Comment

Great buck!

Comment

Good job!!!

Comment

Congratulations to the lad. That's a beauty!!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Congrats to him!!! Nice Buck !!!!

Comment

Very nice, congrats to you and your son.

Comment

Working...
                              X