I hope we didn't pay for this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
    looks like he is sitting in poison ivy.....
    The poison ivy will probably develop a rash!

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
      Unless I read the article wrong in both cases of decapitation paintings he was depicting Judith and Holofernes. If that's the case the only people who should be infuriated are the Jewish community for depicting Judith as African American.
      This commentary examines the use of Y-chromosome testing to reconstruct a genetic ancestry for the Lemba, a group in southern Africa that has long considered itself Jewish. The commentary looks especially at the reasons why this project drew such attention from the mainstream media.

LoL
      Yes there are African/Black Jews
      Have you never heard of the Lemba People?
      I hadn't either until I lived with one.
      Grad school forces you to live with different cultures and stuff.

Anyhow, one summer I was....
      Nevermind man.
      Check out the Lemba people
      Black guys that look like Lebron James that are from zimbabwe that have been genetically proven to be Jews.

Crazy stuff, huh?

You can also just Google: black jews zimbabwe
      And fifty gazillion pages will come up (many straight from Israel giving the history on how jews are from Africa and then how there are pretty much none left in Zimbabwe today)

Maybe I should go a poll on here.
      How many of y'all have ever lived with a non-white person?

EDIT: There has been a crop of "political orientated" posts in ATC the last week since the political forum got nixed.
      I liked to keep that cr@p over there so it was filtered out and let the crazies play in their HF crazy pen over there.

Some people on this site still think Obama was born in Saudi Arabia and is the CEO of IsIs
      LoL
      Last edited by texansfan; 02-14-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]896996[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
          Unless I read the article wrong in both cases of decapitation paintings he was depicting Judith and Holofernes. If that's the case the only people who should be infuriated are the Jewish community for depicting Judith as African American.
          It’s sort of a play on the ‘kill whitey’ thing,” Wiley said in a 2012 interview with New York Magazine. He revealed that the subjects were two women he knew in real life:

While riffing on the Western canon. Kehinde Wiley’s global reach.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
            I am not an art buff/knowledgeable person myself...though I do have an appreciation for the arts...but, has there NEVER been a black artist that was commissioned to paint a picture of any previous president?
            A black artist did Bill and Hillary Clinton's official portrait.

Selected to paint an official portrait of President Clinton, Simmie Knox's portrait paintings feature many official portraits & government portraits, as well a those for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
              [ATTACH]896996[/ATTACH]
              Lol...perfect.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

A black artist did Bill and Hillary Clinton's official portrait.

So the article so calianrly pointing out the big issue of the paintings being done by black artist was really a non story...hmmm. not surprised.

oh look...what is that?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14768642/

LoL
                  Yes there are African/Black Jews
                  Have you never heard of the Lemba People?
                  I hadn't either until I lived with one.
                  Grad school forces you to live with different cultures and stuff.

Anyhow, one summer I was....
                  Nevermind man.
                  Check out the Lemba people
                  Black guys that look like Lebron James that are from zimbabwe that have been genetically proven to be Jews.

Crazy stuff, huh?

You can also just Google: black jews zimbabwe
                  And fifty gazillion pages will come up (many straight from Israel giving the history on how jews are from Africa and then how there are pretty much none left in Zimbabwe today)

Maybe I should go a poll on here.
                  How many of y'all have ever lived with a non-white person?

EDIT: There has been a crop of "political orientated" posts in ATC the last week since the political forum got nixed.
                  I liked to keep that cr@p over there so it was filtered out and let the crazies play in their HF crazy pen over there.

Some people on this site still think Obama was born in Saudi Arabia and is the CEO of IsIs
                  LoL
                  I have and fail to see any relevance to this thread. They is plenty of fools in all races, no need to make anymore out of this than there is. Surely you must know that jimmy carter and bill Clinton are Caucasian.

Comment

Working...
                  X