Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice old stove

Comment

Used to have a few stoves back in the day. Wasn't really a collector, just had them set aside as a "I might use these one day" thing. Ended up giving them away some years ago but now that the family is into camping I've been keeping my eyes open. Went to a flee market in Vidor last weekend and picked up a two burner propane stove for $5 and a 200f lantern for $10. Had to buy a new pump for the lantern, it just arrived in the mail so I'll be installing it when I get home.

Think I might go hit that flea market up again tomorrow. They had a two burner gas stove but I couldn't find anyone to give me a price on it.

Comment

Keep hitting all the venues. I am only after a few more items and then i am done

Comment

I just picked up a really clean 228E, '62 model. I love those words hoods!

Comment

Hit a few garage sales today and thought I had found a nearly mint green metal cooler. Was smaller, about half the size of the others I have seen.

Older woman said she had decided to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              I just picked up a really clean 228E, '62 model. I love those words hoods!

228 Big Hats are my favorite lanterns.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                Keep hitting all the venues. I am only after a few more items and then i am done
                Yeah right.......you said you were done 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  Yeah right.......you said you were done 2 years ago.
                  You quit so I picked up the slack. I need two more and then I am done. I need to get my 3 200a's up and running.

Comment

Coleman treasures

Picked up a brand new 1992 288a

Comment

What's the best way to store lanterns? With fuel or without ?

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                        What's the best way to store lanterns? With fuel or without ?
                        Most everyone on this thread knows more than I do but I store mine empty.
                        I pour the fuel back into the can using a fuel funnel with the strainer built in.

Someone else may say differently

Comment

Store them with fuel.

Comment

Those lanterns bring back some good memories

Comment

Finally got my last lantern. It's 1984 Green 200a. It's not a safe queen and will be used every chance I get. Love the hiss and glow of those single mantle lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                                Finally got my last lantern. It's 1984 Green 200a. It's not a safe queen and will be used every chance I get. Love the hiss and glow of those single mantle lantern.
                                '84?

Comment

Working...
                                X