help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
    the box performs better with better specs. you can make the sticks run great though with "advanced settings"

the wifi in the stick though can interfere with some tvs. works great in my living room, but bedroom tv shows wifi errors. have to use a hdmi extension cable to get it far enough away from the tv so it wont interfere. I have 4 sticks, and 3 of them have this issue on the same tv.

if trying to save money by going with a stick, I would grab a raspberri pi 3 for $35, along with a keyboard remote for $15 and run kodi on that. flawless performer. there are also numerous other android boxes available for $35-50 with good specs.

anyone not used to using kodi, put it on your pc first to try it out and get familiar. should be able to quickly decide if it could replace your tv.
    What's your personal setup?
    Links to where to purchase?

Comment

That's what advanced settings fixes
      what advanced settings are you using, I've tried standards you find on google? I've set those and still have some buffer issues. Anything new that can help fix that problem would be awesome.

I only really have buffering issue with the HQ movies, MQ/LQ movies stream good. But who wants to watch those right.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
        what advanced settings are you using, I've tried standards you find on google? I've set those and still have some buffer issues. Anything new that can help fix that problem would be awesome.

I only really have buffering issue with the HQ movies, MQ/LQ movies stream good. But who wants to watch those right.
        Could it be your internet isn't fast enough?

Comment

x2

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
          Do any of these streaming devices have fox sports southwest...not sure I could live not watching rangers baseball!

Comment

That's what advanced settings fixes
            What advanced setting are you talking about exactly? I bought a fire stick and loaded kodi, then the Spartan file. I have buffering issues when Im streaming live tv. Any fixes that you know of for this?

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
              What advanced setting are you talking about exactly? I bought a fire stick and loaded kodi, then the Spartan file. I have buffering issues when Im streaming live tv. Any fixes that you know of for this?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I side loaded mine directly into a file- but try it this way in the video- I use the same settings he uses in the video. No buffering at all after doing that.

There's like 4 different advanced settings you can choose- that one works best for me- if you still have issues try another setting. My wifi speeds are always about 30-50mbps also.

You may also always get buffering issues with certain add ons- try a different one if they persist. Could be the server.

Comment

Originally posted by natvet View Post
                If I used Kodi on my computer can I cast it to my tv using chromacast?

Im sure there is a plug in out there somewhere that can make that happen. You could also just hook it up with hdmi

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post

If fire stick use the ones I posted above- if another device use one that maxes out the ram.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wen5LwuNLng

I side loaded mine directly into a file- but try it this way in the video- I use the same settings he uses in the video. No buffering at all after doing that.

There's like 4 different advanced settings you can choose- that one works best for me- if you still have issues try another setting. My wifi speeds are always about 30-50mbps also.

You may also always get buffering issues with certain add ons- try a different one if they persist. Could be the server.
                    Thanks. I will try that. So far I'm loving this over my roku.

Comment

So... I tend to impulse buy and Fire TV / Kodi was a very good choice. Ordered off Amazon and had it in hand the next day. About 15 minutes after install, I had Kodi and a few addons loaded and working perfectly. Not sure if this will ever allow me to 'cut the cable' but it does provide lots of viewing options!

Comment

marked for later

Comment

I kind of hope it rains again today so I don't have to mow. Instead I'll just sit around and sharpen knives and watch another movie

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Comment

I ordered my "jailbroken" firestick from ebay last week for $60. I don't have time to upload Kodi myself, and put the other apps on it. Checked the tracking on it, and it's in North Houston, should be in Anahuac sometime this afternoon. Gonna use it for my man cave, and if I like it enough, get rid of DirecTv.

Comment

Will this tutorial work with the Fire stick too...or only the box?

Comment

Originally posted by standfas View Post
                                Will this tutorial work with the Fire stick too...or only the box?

Same for both

Comment

Working...
                                X