Cheaper way to kill Mesquite trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheaper way to kill Mesquite trees?

I know that the Remedy and deisel fuel / detergent mixture wil kill mesquite trees, but Remedy is so expensive. Is there a cheaper poison etc {I am allergic to a lot of manual labor}.

Round-up and diesel.......the more round up the better

Comment

A grubbing hoe, an ax, and good gloves.

Comment

Me, I only charge $150.00 a tree + I haul every bit of the wood.
        You have to feed me, make sure I have a cold drink, some snacks,
        brake every 20 min from working hard. And I charge $30.00 per cut log @ 16" long no more no less 16" only. and then I have to load them in my truck or trailer, I charge for that also. $ 10.00 per log If I have to load, $5.00 per log if I have to unload my truck & trailer when I get back home. You think we have a deal?
        I do these for living, so i have to keep my prices on the lower bracket.

Comment

copper nails

Comment

The cheapest "per tree" on larger areas is still root plowing...

We got 5 acres cleared last year...knocked, plowed, stacked, and raked for $400 per acre.

Comment

Heard tell of a guy who poured a gallon bucket of 10-20-10 fertilizer at the base of meskits to kill em. Said they will die within a year and the fertilize helps the grasses meantime. Maybe an old wives tale?

Comment

I'd go with old wives tale on that one.

Comment

Water'em Ive seen it kill a many of them.

Comment

There's a guy in electra that rents camels to clear mesquite. what I've been told is that they gnaw 'em down the stump. You have to bring em back every couple of years, but you'd do that with any other method as well.

Comment

The cheapest...? Chain saw and your back....

Comment

Tebuthiuron

Tebuthiuron is a broad spectrum herbicide used to control weeds in noncropland areas, rangelands, rights-of-way and industrial sites (10). It is effective on woody and herbaceous plants in grasslands and sugar cane (2). Weeds that are controlled by tebuthiuron include alfalfa, bluegrasses, chickweed, clover, dock, goldenrod, mullein, etc. Woody plants take a period of two to three years to be completely controlled.

Tbar

Comment

Originally posted by username View Post
                          There's a guy in electra that rents camels to clear mesquite. what I've been told is that they gnaw 'em down the stump. You have to bring em back every couple of years, but you'd do that with any other method as well.
                          i drove out that way a couple weeks ago & saw a herd of camels while passing by. i wondered what the heck someone was doing with them in texas

Comment

I wonder what he gets for them and how many it takes?

Comment

I drive by a pasture with camels in it every day not far from Electra. If they do anything to control mesquite it must grow back faster than they can control it

Comment

Working...
                              X