Broadheads hitting different than field points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadheads hitting different than field points

I will start this by saying, i am very new to shooting bows. I had my bow tuned by cabelas. I am shooting about a 2 inch group at 20 yards with field points, and can replicate this almost every time and have the same poi. I decided to try a broad head today. It hit WAY right of my field point POI. The group also opened way up. What caused this? Even if I re zero the bow for the broad heads I will still have a huge group. It was also my understanding that bows should have the same POI with field points as they do with broadheads. I'm shooting Gold Tip 300 Spine arrows wth 100 Grain field Points and 100 Grain HellRazors.

Not knocking the bow techs at cabelas but maybe try a bow shop that does nothing but tuning something is out of wack be it your bow itself maybe need to index your arrows and broadheads together or maybe arrows could be wrong spine there's a lot of different possibilities

Kas
    Hoyt defiant turbo
    Hoyt nitrum turbo

Comment

Try turning the nocks on your arrows to the next fletching to bring the group in closer. Do it one arrow at a time so you can see which fletching works the best for that specific arrow.

Comment

Gonna need a lot more info than what you provided in order to help out with this. With what you listed I would say your arrows are over spined to stiff.

Comment

Arrows with broad heads can float like a knuckleball if not 'tuned' correctly. Ask around about getting your bow 'paper tuned.' That process can identify the need for some adjustments, which can allow for true flying arrows, regardless of field tip or broad head adornment.

Comment

This is a good guide for tuning:

Comment

Go take your bow to a different shop and have it paper tuned.

Comment

What rest, draw weight, draw length?

Comment

Please visit your local bow shop

Comment

This was a very slippery slope for me. I spent about 4 month and a bunch of money to get my bow set up to shoot broadhead and field points together out to 100 yards. What I found and the only way I will tune a bow from now on is braeshaft tuning. If you can get bareshafts and field points to group together out to 40 yards your broadhead a will fly with your arrows out to 60 or so. Anything farther then that is going to take a bunch of time and tuning. You shoot your bow different that anyone else will so you will have to tune it a shop will get it close but that's all they can do. This has been my experience. If you are in east Texas I would love to help you out. I hope this helps.

Comment

Also tune your arrows to the broadheads, make sure inserts are flat and flush. Try spinning your arrows to check for a wobble. There are so many variables to tuning a bow and broadheads it will make your head spin

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Please visit your local bow shop
                        X2!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X