Ship your bow ahead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship your bow ahead?

Flying out to WY the day before my hunt's supposed to begin in Sept. Hate to depend on the airlines gettin my bow there same time as me. Thinking of Fedexing it out to outfitter the week before. What sayeth the GS-would you recommend it?

Probably won't cost anymore than checking it in and at least you can put insurance on it.

Comment

Wouldn't count on Fedex or the outfitter any more than the airlines. Also, I would be practicing with my bow the day before I flew out.

Would consider shipping a backup bow though

I hear about too many issues with shipping to rural areas in general.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

this is why I drive out west every year......plus I take a ton of stuff

Comment

if I'm flying in on a short hunt, then I'm shipping ahead of time EVERYTIME. I've flown on hunting trips half a dozen times and my guns/bows have NEVER arrived with me. Delays for pickup from several hours(next flight) to seven days.

Comment

No way.

Comment

Have you contacted the outfitter to see what they think? Good chance he has had clients in the past do something similar.

Comment

Never had any issues shipping my stuff brown ahead of me. Always there a few days before my flight leaves and no issues so far. I ship climbing stands and my packs so all I have to fly with is a carry on. Shipping fee's are cheaper than bags [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ship my fishing gear. Lot easier than flying with it. Never done hunting gear though.

Comment

Solid plan except the idea of using Fed EX. There's no way I'd EVER ship any of my personal gear Fed Ex.

Comment

Think I would check it or drive. Shipping would probably be fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        this is why I drive out west every year......plus I take a ton of stuff

Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                        X