Riverwalk restaurant recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riverwalk restaurant recommendations

We are headed to the Riverwalk in San Antonio tomorrow for our anniversary. We didn't know it was Fiesta weekend.
    Anyway what restaurants should we hit?
    Any must se places other than the water cruise and Alamo?

Thanks in advance

I always like Cafe Ole. Good margaritas also

Comment

Boudros... try the prickly pear margarita and table side guac.

Comment

Rosarios. River food is tourist food.

Comment

Originally posted by Reedimus View Post
          Yup

Comment

Do a search for San Antonio restaurants. It seems to comes up about once every other week. I would hit up the pearl brewery area before the river walk. But maybe that's because I'm a local. A good new brunch spot to hit up on Saturday morning would be Nola on st Mary's st. Make sure you get there early.

Comment

Casa Rio is an old restaurant that's good, regular Tex Mex. The other missions might not have the crowds, check mission trail.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                Rosarios. River food is tourist food.
                Was about to post the same, verbatim....

Worth the drive, or Uber to the Southtown location

Comment

Rosarios
                  It is downtown, not far from river walk. Plus the RW will be miserable during fiesta weekend, waits for tables will be very long. That may be a problem at Rosaios also, along with parking. Uber is your friend

Comment

Bohanans hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Take her to the SILO on 1604 N....or Whiskey Cake at The LaCantera Shops.

"Huge Brownie Points".....and you'll thank me for y'all not being anywhere near downtown during Fiesta.

Comment

If it is a special occasion I would recommend Bliss. Just a few blocks south of the river. The river walk is for tourists and sight seeing not for dining IMHO.

Comment

Me and the kids love Guenther House - Great food (breakfast), and very good atmosphere with the right weather.

Comment

Biga on the banks, ocho, esquire. Las Canarias for Sunday brunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Reedimus View Post
                              If you have never done Budros go there. Get a reservation. If the weather is acceptable eat outside.

The pearl brewery area is really cool as are the above mentioned places. But, to me, all the other places really stand out AFTER you've graduated from the river walk. I would recommend hitting all the quentacential river walk spots, then on the next trip go into other options.
                              Last edited by DosToros; 04-21-2017, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X