New Igloo Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    None of them are magicians at holding ice. They are a little better than the cheaper coolers but not enough to justify the cost.

I bought one for the strength and only the strength. The slightly better ice retention is a side affect.
    X2

Comment

I love how so many people get butthurt over a freaking cooler thread.
      They are entertaining though!

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
        My 20 dollar rubbermaid held 10 lbs of ice for 10 days in august on the port A surf side jetty
        Nice, congrats....solid or liquid form after 10 days???

Don't get too sensitive, just joining the party

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
          I love how so many people get butthurt over a freaking cooler thread.
          Thats why i said get your popcorn

Comment

Originally posted by texas276 View Post
            i love how so many people get butthurt over a freaking cooler thread.
            this!!!..............is a fact!!!

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
              Nice, congrats....solid or liquid form after 10 days???

Don't get too sensitive, just joining the party
              well uhhh

Comment

IN!!

Woo hoo!! Made it!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  Well thats your opinion. I broke down and bought a Pelican 45 a month ago. 2 trips to the deer lease for the weekend, and I had ice still the Tuesday after I returned. Saving me a trip 40 miles round trip to buy ice for the weekend, plus the durability of the Pelican, and it is well worth the price.

The junky coleman I replaced with the Igloo the OP is asking about regularly held ice for an entire weekend. The Igloo does better, but if it saves $1.75 on ice every now and then how long does it take to be be a fiscally good decision?

Better question, if the "high end" coolers were built with the same durability as the cheap coolers would people still pay $400 for their ice retention?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                    The junky coleman I replaced with the Igloo the OP is asking about regularly held ice for an entire weekend. The Igloo does better, but if it saves $1.75 on ice every now and then how long does it take to be be a fiscally good decision?

Better question, if the "high end" coolers were built with the same durability as the cheap coolers would people still pay $400 for their ice retention?
                    Negative ghost rider. I did not buy my Yeti and would probably never spend my hard earned money one one but man do I love it. My main reason is the fact that I am extremely rough on my coolers and got tired of Obama engineering replacement hinges. I might not spend the money on a Yeti, but I would give that Sportsman a look if I had to purchase another cooler.

Anyone bother to take a look at the "Compare the Value" tab on the igloo website?
                    -Special lock not required
                    -Wide opening lid
                    - Drain plug storage slot

When did Yeti's require a "special lock"? And Im not sure about yall but my Yeti opens a full 90 degrees and im not sure what the need or benefit of having it open further....?

Dunno, dont have a dog in this fight but just thought I would chime in

Comment

Nobody I know that has a Yeti regretted buying it after the fact.

It is a similar argument to a high end set of binoculars. Until you actually use a good set then you really have no idea what you are missing.

Personally I like them because they are tough.

I did a cooler test a year or 2 ago. I know there is a difference and the guys that think there is not a difference are just ignorant to the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        Thanks, forgot about the "ignore list". Just gave it a go! That guy just creeps around following me and then when I make one comment out of 10 that he doesn't like he jumps on me and says all my comments are the same.

I call that a troll!

Comment

Gander Mountain has a similar cooler that they have branded thinking about it now it's probably the same ones.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                            I don't think that's always the purpose of someone buying a yeti or yeti-like cooler.. I spend several days away from civilization when I'm hunting.. No where can I purchase ice.. However, my yeti holds it much longer than the conventional cooler. If I shoot a deer the first day, I can expect to keep it on ice for the next 5 until I leave.. You can't do that with your old fashioned coolers. Likewise, you can store dry ice in them and extend the cooling time ten-fold. Again, you can't do that with your old fashioned coolers.

Some people buy them to carry beer which then your point is valid.. However, for people who use it like I do, the argument is invalid and I would assume most hunters/fishermen who use it for its intended purpose would agree with me...
                            I would agree, however this greatly depends on outside temps.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                              it wont be long... HH is coming up with a come back as i type this Hold on to your chair with one hand and your popcorn with the other
                              Nah, not this time.

To each their own I guess. I enjoy my cooler and if someone has a cheaper one that works well then that's awesome. My whole point, which got lost in the thread, was that some people bash the yeti-like coolers just because they are expensive like they are equivalent to a regular cooler. From my experience, that isn't so, but other people have had success with theirs which is great.

The guy with the bino analogy was spot on IMO. He was also right about the toughness of the cooler.

Will take the advice to be more tactful.. I'm just here to have fun and learn something new. Happy hunting folks!
                              Last edited by HoustonHunter; 10-22-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txarrows View Post
                                When I saw the cooler I thought it was a Yeti
                                Saw a brown one at Sams in Baton Rouge yesterday for 199.00. Good color if it lives in the back of a pickup. Me likey for $200.00

Comment

Working...
                                X