Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-14-2017, 11:44 PM   #101
low_tec
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Naruna

This kid used to live next door to us.

https://www.google.com/amp/kxan.com/...in-murder/amp/

And this girl lived in the same house before Moses family moved in

http://kxan.com/2016/11/09/mother-ch...back-in-court/
low_tec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 11:49 PM   #102
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

Met a uncles friend at a fundraiser. Couple weeks later the guy found a worker molesting his daughter and killed him with a hammer. He got off but still very weird
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 11:55 PM   #103
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

I forgot. I know someone that supposedly shot another dude right in the head during a drug deal. Or that's what his buddy that was with him said he did. I don't know but either way he was involved one way or the other. He's kin to me but I'd rather not claim him.

He got out of prison last year for a few months. I don't know what he did but he's back in there now.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 12:02 AM   #104
justletmein
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public lands

Used to work with a guy, ended up paying someone to kill my wife's friend because she wouldn't go out with him. Turns out he'd had it done before. Cops luckily got wind this time and did a sting, put her in the trunk and took pics with a mocked up bullet hole in her head. They were amazed when he had no reaction whatsoever and commented being disappointed that her eyes hadn't popped out like they're supposed to then just handed over the money like no big deal.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 12:08 AM   #105
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Yep. Have personally known 4. 2 are dead , 1 I haven't seen in 30 years and the other 1 is living, walking with demons..
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #106
Texar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

Other than working in prisons for the last 20+ years....a few.

My great uncle spent time in the '70s at TDC for manslaughter for killing a guy in a bar fight with a knife.

When I was about 14, I woke up one morning during summer break and fixed me some breakfast(PB&J). I went outside to just sit on the front porch and there were police cars all around my next door neighbors yard and driveway. Well come to find out, my neighbor had come home and his wife of a long time was packing her stuff to leave him. He shot her with 00 buckshot and then killed himself with the same. This guy raised rabbits and my brother and I had taken care of them when they would go out of town.... several times.

Not funny but my mom still tells the story of me calling her at work and telling her about it all while eating a sandwich.
Texar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 12:29 AM   #107
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

I was friends with a kid in jr.high..His older brother,and best friend killed a Red Oak cop about a 1/2 mile from my house.He was sent undercover to Midlothian high school to find out who was peddling drugs around town.Two other people were there the night they set him up,and killed him.
Every kid in high school was convinced that Raffield was a cop,from day 1.Very poorly planned operation from the start.Something else that always made me scratch my head..The shooter's dad was a Dallas cop..I think all of them are out of jail now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 12:36 AM   #108
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart8 View Post
I was friends with a kid in jr.high..His older brother,and best friend killed a Red Oak cop about a 1/2 mile from my house.He was sent undercover to Midlothian high school to find out who was peddling drugs around town.Two other people were there the night they set him up,and killed him.
Every kid in high school was convinced that Raffield was a cop,from day 1.Very poorly planned operation from the start.Something else that always made me scratch my head..The shooter's dad was a Dallas cop..I think all of them are out of jail now.

I saw a show on the ID Channel about that.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 12:46 AM   #109
Hart8
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
The morning after it happened I heard horses walking down our slag driveway.It was a Texas Ranger.He asked if I'd seen or heard anything strange that night..I walked to the end of our driveway,and to this day I've never seen that many l.e.vehicles.
My older brother actually beat the snot out of the shooter the week before all of this went down.
He was a little different,but dang sure didn't seem like the type that would kill someone.Especially a cop.Smh..

Old 06-15-2017, 01:33 AM   #110
doublearrow
Ten Point

Several of my friends and my wife know this pyscho. Cons brother into killing the parents last year. New charges yesterday cause she was banging said brother (adopted but still....)
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Gra...428254353.html
doublearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 01:36 AM   #111
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I saw the episode as well. That was a bad deal for the police officer.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 01:53 AM   #112
HdFilmmaker
Eight Point

Hunt In: Guided Elk hunts in Colo to hogs in Texas

As a producer for Americas Most Wanted for 18 years, I'd say I met my share of the worst of mankind you can imagine. Funny thing is almost everyone were tough as nails and could spit cobra venom but the second those handcuffs clicked on them, they became like little lambs. I could tell you many many crazy stories. And recently with Dateline covered some recent bad dudes and dudettes.
HdFilmmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 02:09 AM   #113
KNEE DEEP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado county,Texas

Started with TDC way back in 1981. Worked 20 years for them and had a bunch work for me. Some of them well known as far as murderers go.
KNEE DEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 02:28 AM   #114
mudmauler
Six Point

Hunt In: Concepcion, Tx

Three actually.

A guy a grade below me in high school beat his girlfriends dad to death in his own living room. He served about 8 years and is out now. This guy is a POS.

A guy a grade above me in high school shot his girlfriend. Don't really know what happened with that one. He said it was accidental.

My wife's friend in college had a boyfriend that was a great guy but had a short fuse. There wasn't a single time we went out as couples that we didn't get into a physical fight or argument with somebody. He is an ex marine and would wake up screaming most nights in a cold sweat from what my wife's friend told us. While he was serving overseas his girlfriend did a year at Blinn College and when he got back she finished up at A&MCC(where my wife went). After college they moved back to RGV. Apparently they were at a party with old acquaintances and somebody brought up that his girlfriend had cheated on him at Blinn with another guy who was at that party. There was a scuffle and as they held back the boyfriend they told the other guy to leave. He ended up taking too long and when they released the boyfriend he ran to his truck, got his gun and unloaded it through the front windshield of the other guys car. I believe he got around 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mudmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 02:44 AM   #115
tradtiger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Thread got me thinking about the "Anyone ever picked up a hitchhiker?" thread from 2015. Not sure how to quote the post, but Post 65 by Waterdog references an encounter with a couple of notorious serial killers -- Elmer Wayne Henley and Dean Coryll.

Maybe someone with skills can quote it here.
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 02:47 AM   #116
Tx625
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

A buddy and I where leaving the county fair back in our college days. Saw an old female friend and said hi. She introduced us to her new boyfriend, seemed like a shy guy, and we all chatted for about 10 minutes. Long story short evidently after we all went our separate ways they got into an argument at some point that night. He ended up killing her, dumping her body in a dumpster where he worked, and skipping town. There was a large man hunt for him. They ended up catching him about to cross the border in Eagle Pass. Still think about it way to often.
Tx625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 05:20 AM   #117
friscopaint
Ten Point

2 that I know of right off the top of my head
friscopaint is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 07:14 AM   #118
Big Todd
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Victoria

Twice...

My ex boss in Austin, His daughter and boyfriend killed his roommate cut him up and burned his body back in 1994.

A different co worker killed his wife and her boyfriend when they were caught in the act.

Also pretty sure I met the dude from Waco area that killed a couple girls at a car wash back in 1992 time frame.

Last edited by Big Todd; 06-15-2017 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: change
Big Todd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #119
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
Met a uncles friend at a fundraiser. Couple weeks later the guy found a worker molesting his daughter and killed him with a hammer. He got off but still very weird

I don't blame him. I would do the same & in my book, that ain't murder.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 07:40 AM   #120
Hart8
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx625 View Post
A buddy and I where leaving the county fair back in our college days. Saw an old female friend and said hi. She introduced us to her new boyfriend, seemed like a shy guy, and we all chatted for about 10 minutes. Long story short evidently after we all went our separate ways they got into an argument at some point that night. He ended up killing her, dumping her body in a dumpster where he worked, and skipping town. There was a large man hunt for him. They ended up catching him about to cross the border in Eagle Pass. Still think about it way to often.
Man,that really sucks..I can only imagine he was jealous/****** that y'all were talking to her..Terrible man,I'm sorry.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #121
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_dave View Post
My half-cousin strangled a gay with a pillow in a love/drug triangle gone bad and then went back to the scent to cut up the body with a saw and scattered the pieces on his grandpas ranch for pigs to eat. Does that count.
That happen in Mesquite?
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #122
super_dave
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NW Smith County
Default Meeting a murderer

super_dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #123
super_dave
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeghunts View Post
That happen in Mesquite?

Think so
Old 06-15-2017, 08:04 AM   #124
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Think so
That was a bad one for sure.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:08 AM   #125
super_dave
Pope & Young

Quote:
That was a bad one for sure.

Yeah. Cody Dacus. He was always a messed up kid when growing up. I can remember telling my parents that something was wrong with him. He got a new pellet gun for Christmas one year and wanted to have a "war" with it. I don't like getting shot at, so I said no. He proceeded to shoot at me. What he didn't realize was that I had a red Ryder and could out shoot him 10 bb's to 1 pellet. I wore his ***** out and he went crying to his mama
Old 06-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #126
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Yeah. Cody Dacus. He was always a messed up kid when growing up. I can remember telling my parents that something was wrong with him. He got a new pellet gun for Christmas one year and wanted to have a "war" with it. I don't like getting shot at, so I said no. He proceeded to shoot at me. What he didn't realize was that I had a red Ryder and could out shoot him 10 bb's to 1 pellet. I wore his ***** out and he went crying to his mama

Wow that's him! I worked part of that one but was tied up with another bad one when it came in.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:16 AM   #127
super_dave
Pope & Young

Quote:
Wow that's him! I worked part of that one but was tied up with another bad one when it came in.

Thanks for putting him away. I can't remember his sentence
Old 06-15-2017, 08:18 AM   #128
CabezaBlanca
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmstuk View Post
Who was that?
PM sent.
CabezaBlanca is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #129
Bigdaddy
Ten Point

Quote:
was his initials dt?
yes
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 08:27 AM   #130
Wil Taylor
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard

My ex-wife sucked the life out of me for several years
Wil Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #131
Smithwr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Vernon TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Taylor View Post
My ex-wife sucked the life out of me for several years
Could be a great thing................depending
Smithwr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 08:38 AM   #132
J-J Matt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Donley, Collingsworth, and Gray Counties. ND, NM, KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublearrow View Post
Several of my friends and my wife know this pyscho. Cons brother into killing the parents last year. New charges yesterday cause she was banging said brother (adopted but still....)
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Gra...428254353.html
Sad deal all the way around there. Good people for sure. Gabe came and hunted at our ranch several times with his Dad. Crazy how many things have come out about that story.

Other than him, I've know a few others. We have a family construction company and have hired several dirtbags over the years. Some right out of prison. One guy that worked for us for years had killed his infant child. We had a laborer once that killed two girls in a murder for hire deal. Another long time employee of ours killed two guys in a bar fight. He got self defense on the first one, but had to do some time in the second one because he chased him outside and broke his neck in the parking lot.
J-J Matt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #133
CabezaBlanca
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

Quote:
Was his initials dt?
How could I forget about that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
yes
Very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine.
CabezaBlanca is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #134
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria/Fort Bend county, Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by be12hunt View Post
Y'all remember that body they found by the boat ramp that someone had beheaded? I used to work with the guy that was convicted of that..
My brother went to school with him in Danbury. Said one time he stabbed a guy in school with scissors.
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #135
Smithwr
Ten Point

Used to work with a guy in the oilfield. He was really nice and a hard worker but you could tell he had a screw loose (a full scalp tatoo is what I noticed first)...details are sketchy and I cant remember his last name to google it but basically he kidnapped his estranged wife in Abilene and fled south, eventually shooting a cop during a traffic stop. I could have swore the stop was in Kerrville but I cant find any news articles on it.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #136
topduarte
Pope & Young

Was doing inspections up at Ft Hood for the new Hospital a few years back and one of the construction workers had an ankle bracelet. I asked someone else about it and he had murdered 3 people and just got out after serving I think 15 years.

Nice guy, hard worker. It blew my mind.
topduarte is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 09:49 AM   #137
2B4Him
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton & Young Counties

We had a tenant at a property we own in Grapevine. He was in the trucking business. Always late with rent, lots of excuses, etc.
However, he always had the latest/greatest toys - fancy ski boats, new truck, etc.
He eventually moved out owing us some money. Shortly afterward, we read stories in the paper about him hiring someone to kill his wife. Killer showed up at the right address, but wrong street. Killed the innocent lady that answered the doorbell.
The guy who was our tenant has been on the run since - I don't believe he's been caught.
2B4Him is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #138
RogueSamurai
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBM View Post
I've met hundreds, used to work for TDC so that was part of the job!

Same here. Usually they are the better inmates as compared to sex offenders/dope dealers etc.
RogueSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #139
Jen-Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sheridan, Cotulla

Wow I must lead a sheltered life. Some of you hang with the wrong crowd.....just saying....

Jen-Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #140
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen-Man View Post
Wow I must lead a sheltered life. Some of you hang with the wrong crowd.....just saying....

Chances are at some point in your life you have been in the same room or area with a murder. Not just someone that killed a person, there's a lot of those, but a real murderer.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #141
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Had a guy here at work that emptied chip hoppers and changed coolant in the machines. One night he was on the news for killing I think it was 3 people at a party in S. Dallas.

Growing up in S. Dallas, I saw a few people stabbed to death.
Goldeneagle is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #142
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Know a guy whos son was killed by his uncle (wifes brother)
Uncle is doing time in Huntsville - Guy has sworn to kill him the day he gets out.
He's dead *** serious too.
All affairs are in order... even his employer is aware.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #143
Jen-Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sheridan, Cotulla

Quote:
Chances are at some point in your life you have been in the same room or area with a murder. Not just someone that killed a person, there's a lot of those, but a real murderer.

Yea I have been around my share of strange people, especially in my younger, wilder days. Lots of friends I have lost contact with over the years so your probably right. And as we know not all murders act strange, could be our normal acting neighbor, brother or sister.

Jen-Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 10:42 AM   #144
Hart8
Pope & Young

I just remembered one of our fellow TBH members.JDUbuzz(James Usry)..He was shot by his stepson.James couldn't whip his way out of a wet paper sack,but it was ruled "self defense".The shooter was fresh out of boot camp..Man,the that still burns me.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #145
Colton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country, South Texas

I know a guy that was wasted driving his truck, he hit and killed someone.

He has 2 previous DWIs so he is being charged with murder
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #146
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr County - Gillespie County

Had one in Kalispell Montana, order a round of drinks at a bar one night, for my table of two friends. He just got out of prison for killing his wife and tossed her body of the town's bridge into the river.
AtTheWall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #147
Smithwr
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithwr View Post
Used to work with a guy in the oilfield. He was really nice and a hard worker but you could tell he had a screw loose (a full scalp tatoo is what I noticed first)...details are sketchy and I cant remember his last name to google it but basically he kidnapped his estranged wife in Abilene and fled south, eventually shooting a cop during a traffic stop. I could have swore the stop was in Kerrville but I cant find any news articles on it.
found it

http://www.expressnews.com/news/loca...fe-6713783.php
Old 06-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #148
boomerball
Eight Point

someone I had worked with in the past shot her ex, ex's girlfriend (who had been a friend of hers) and then herself.
boomerball is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #149
Charles
Pope & Young

I went to high school with this crazy nut job

http://www.kltv.com/story/18680902/i...ke-kim-cargill

She's on death row.

I'm sure anybody from Tyler area knows the story.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #150
Chad C
Pope & Young

We have a childhood acquaintance that ran with the same crowd whom killed one of our buddies with a knife, he has been in and out of prison. I have another childhood buddy that took years of abuse from a parent into his own hands one night with a handgun, was punished, graduated college, now living life and raising kids (I run into him from time to time).

Last edited by Chad C; 06-15-2017 at 11:52 AM..
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top