Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #51
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wyoming and Texas

Yep. In my ignorant youth I worked at a state hospital. Almost all the guys behind the fence ( maximum security ) were sent up for murder. Got some pretty good stories too, but most of them are too long to tell.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #52
stykshooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: S. Dakota, Nebraska & Texas

Yep, went to elementary & HS with Claude Wilkerson , watch him go from a kid to a full blown criminal. He lived on the next street over in Houston. At 15 he was carrying & started running with real bad guys. He had apt., @16 remember him inviting us over & had about 500 #'s of weed. One day he came over & wanted us to hold about 25 long guns that he stole always trouble being around or just knowing him. He would call our house .... Mom would tell we're not home

He later would be involved in jewelry robbery & murder of 3 that would land him on death row. But he would be released on a technical error, his parents would later leave Houston to start over. When he was release Claude found himself moving in with parents in Co.

Criminals never change last year he was involved in a first degree kidnapping, sexual assault, false imprisonment, and harboring a minor in Colorado. Hopefully this time he stays behind bars.

http://www.hpou.org/earl-musick-upda...ude-wilkerson/

http://www.9news.com/news/crime/how-...h-row/66939910
stykshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 02:47 PM   #53
Hunterlo70
Six Point

Man, its insane to me how some people can commit such wicked acts on another human. A few years ago, my wife's best friend was dating this monster of a guy. We only hung out together because he was dating our friend. A few months into their relationship, the guy ended up beating her 2 year old to death. It was sad. We couldn't tell either because the kid was always happy when we all went to dinner or hung out with mutual friends. It wasn't until after his death, our friend told us that he was always afraid to be alone with this guy. It's sad but I'm glad he's behind bars, where he belongs and he's lucky the cops got to him before I ever did.
Hunterlo70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #54
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

One of the guys on my old deer lease killed a man with a hatchet about 20 years ago. He was straight-up deep east TX white trash so it really came as no surprise. I don't know how he lasted on our lease as long as he did (or how in the world he even got on).
Etxbuckman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #55
BlackHogDown
Eight Point

Hunt In: Duval County

Yes. We've got a laborer that works for us that apparently was imprisoned for murder way back when. I never knew until someone else told me about it. He is an extremely well-mannered, friendly guy. I didn't believe it at first. The only detail I know is that he was involved in a bar brawl that left one guy dead. Can't even imagine...
BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 03:00 PM   #56
Jethro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Quail, Marilla

There was a guy who worked at the local tire shop here. He was a black guy named Ivory. He killed his first wife in 1977. He was sentenced to 5 years on that one, served a year and was paroled. He was always super nice to me, but folks always said he could get kind of crazy when he went to drinking.

Later on he ended up common law married to this crazy white lady. She was certifiable. She got to messing around with this spanish guy named Nacho. Ivory warned them they better quit, but they didn't listen to him. He comes home at 2-3 am and they are in the front yard. Events get fuzzy at that point, but Nacho stabs Ivory (not fatal), and Ivory grabs the tire tool out of the service truck. He beats Nacho to death with the tire tool and nearly does the same to the lady but she escapes inside and locks the door. Cops show up and Ivory is sitting in the lawn chair in the front yard. He will probably never make it out of prison again.

My neighbor owns the tire shop Ivory worked in for years and years.

Ivory was always real nice to me. He just had a switch that you didn't need to flip though.

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/...5-years-murder
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #57
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
There was a guy who worked at the local tire shop here. He was a black guy named Ivory. He killed his first wife in 1977. He was sentenced to 5 years on that one, served a year and was paroled. He was always super nice to me, but folks always said he could get kind of crazy when he went to drinking.

Later on he ended up common law married to this crazy white lady. She was certifiable. She got to messing around with this spanish guy named Nacho. Ivory warned them they better quit, but they didn't listen to him. He comes home at 2-3 am and they are in the front yard. Events get fuzzy at that point, but Nacho stabs Ivory (not fatal), and Ivory grabs the tire tool out of the service truck. He beats Nacho to death with the tire tool and nearly does the same to the lady but she escapes inside and locks the door. Cops show up and Ivory is sitting in the lawn chair in the front yard. He will probably never make it out of prison again.

My neighbor owns the tire shop Ivory worked in for years and years.

Ivory was always real nice to me. He just had a switch that you didn't need to flip though.

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/...5-years-murder
A black guy named Ivory kills a Mexican guy named Nacho. You just can't make this stuff up bro!
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #58
Jethro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Quail, Marilla

^^^^

I know, right?
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #59
Fajkus7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harper, and San Saba

We were at a party that my dads coworker was having (I was about 14-15). At one point everyone went back inside except for me and one other guy. We probably talked for 20 or 30 minutes about random things. Seemed like a super nice guy with a good family. Later that night after everyone went home he killed his wife, MIL, two kids and himself. Still wonder exactly what happened to make him flip a switch.
Fajkus7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #60
DaveS903
Pope & Young

Hunt In: All over

I teach a couple of college classes in maximum security prisons. I tell people all the time, some of the nicest people you'll ever meet are murderers, rapists and child molesters. The smartest one I ever had was in his last semester of med school - drunken brawl and the other guy hit his head on concrete ad died. Another was a pillar of the community who murdered a couple members of his wife's family, execution style. Most of them though, were drug addled fools who did something extremely stupid somehow connected to their habit.
DaveS903 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #61
HoustonHunter94
Ten Point

My cousin who I grew up with and was at every holiday gathering I can ever remember married a lady who was suspected of murdering her young son prior to them meeting. She was at Thanksgiving and Christmas family gatherings until some more evidence came to light and she was arrested and charged and convicted of killing that little boy. In the pokie for life now AND my cousin is staying married to her. Visits her every week. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HoustonHunter94 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #62
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Wow. The more I read this thread, the more I remembered that I knew. I've known 6-7 that have come to mind. There may be more.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #63
Stick-Launcher
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas

This thread gave me the willies...
Stick-Launcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #64
Kills-myth
Six Point

Hunt In: Grayson Co.

I worked for a family business for about a year back in the early 90s (father mother and son). A couple of years ago i talked to the mother at the grocery store and got caught up on how everyone was doing. 3 months after that the father shot the mother and then himself. Never would have thought he was capable of anything like that.
Kills-myth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #65
Longue Carabine
Four Point

Hunt In: Medina County

I believe everyone is a murderer under the right circumstances
Longue Carabine is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #66
Puggy625
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX, KS

Forgot about my great uncle. Saw him the last time about 13 years ago when my grandmother was in the hospital with stage 4 cancer. He came to see her from North Carolina (my grandma was his sister). He left and went home. 2 days later he and his wife got in an arguement. He went to the truck and got his pistol, killed his wife and then himself.
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #67
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke

Several years ago, guy I went to school with got in a fight, went inside got a gun, came back and shot 2 people.

2 last year

Guy shot his wife then himself. Never in a million years would have thought this would happen with these folks.

HS classmate stabbed his mom 60+ times. This dude had drug issues after HS but he was one of the most intelligent people in our class.
adam_p is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #68
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Was witness to a shooting/murder. Dose that count? Culprit got 30 years cause he plea-bargained and was drunk at the time.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:11 PM   #69
Jakesfish
Ten Point

Hunt In: Young, San Saba, Cass counties

I found out one of my newest lease member worked tdc, and already had a story that will make your hair stand up, my uncle works in n Texas for a facility, and all are hardcore, and even several that have aids and like to spread it among the population... too rough for me.. found out as a teen my moms first husband was a made man, they found him in his lincoln shot in the head over money at a club in Dallas..
Jakesfish is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:15 PM   #70
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

I didn't really know him but I met him once. Big Indian guy that got into a fight with a dude on the reservation and killed him dead. I don't know what happened to him. Last time I saw him he was walking on the side of the highway. Don't know where he was headin to but apparently he liked it there because he hasn't been back. When that ol' boy moves he sure don't take much with him I noticed.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #71
kumathebear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere and when I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
They walk among us.
SO TRUE!! I was around more than I can remember over the years as an LEO and Cross Trained Medic. The human race is so capable of what most can't imagine......
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #72
okrattler
Pope & Young

My dad has a scar from getting punched in the mouth by a guy he went to school with who later on in life killed his girlfriend with an axe. He threw her in the trunk of a car and drove around with her for a while. He turned himself in after she started stinkin really bad.

Dad said he was a pretty nice guy. Even helped him up after the fight out in front the bar that night.

Last edited by okrattler; 06-14-2017 at 05:29 PM..
Old 06-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #73
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

I have a really good friend from Louisiana that spent 20 years in prison for killng a man that sexually assaulted his wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #74
Lonestar_HOYT
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

I knew the two that killed that doctor in Lubbock 4-5 years ago. One of em was Dr Dixon who hired David Shepard to kill Dr Sonnier in Lubbock. Dixon was a frat brother at WTAMU and Shepard was a couple years older than me but went to the same school. It's weird to think you know or grew up with someone that is a murderer.
Lonestar_HOYT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #75
Bear Charge
Four Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Yes. Two. One that was sentenced to death for a hate crime. He was one of the seven who escaped the Ellis unit. The other is serving 99 for killing another​ friend. Both were always rotten.
Bear Charge is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #76
Cold 1
Six Point

Hunt In: Ok. / Tx.

Worked with Glenn Ates on a rig, He killed a preacher and his wife. Shot both kids but the survived. He will always be locked up.

Worked with another on a rig that killed a sheriff deputy in the Tx. panhandle during a domestic dispute.
Cold 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:46 PM   #77
rut-ro
Eight Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

Emotions can drive people to do horrible things.
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #78
Etxnoodler
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedgoat View Post
I have a really good friend from Louisiana that spent 20 years in prison for killng a man that sexually assaulted his wife.

What the heck did he go to jail for?
Etxnoodler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #79
coon007
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Tx and Hill country

yep
coon007 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #80
Ricky T
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity Riverbottom

Have talked to several over the years in felony court during recesses. Only two were bad-to-the-bone mean. Most got caught up in circumstances. It's amazing how quick circumstances can escalate.
Ricky T is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 06:08 PM   #81
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxnoodler View Post
What the heck did he go to jail for?
I don't know. Pre-meditated.

Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #82
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017

When I look in the mirror

Matthew 5:21-23 (NKJV)

Murder Begins in the Heart

21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’
22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #83
Radar
Eight Point

My cousin shot a man in the back in his front yard over a bag of weed. They caught him in Oklahoma with the pistol under his seat. Got 66 years, he wont come out alive.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #84
Lonestar_HOYT
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
My cousin shot a man in the back in his front yard over a bag of weed. They caught him in Oklahoma with the pistol under his seat. Got 66 years, he wont come out alive.
That's hard on the family.
Lonestar_HOYT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 06:46 PM   #85
tmstuk
Eight Point

Hunt In: Milam County

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
The older brother of a girl I dated back in high school killed his wife because she wanted a divorce. Looking at him you would never imagine he was capable of that. Just a little nerdy dude. Johnny got a life sentence.
Who was that?
tmstuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #86
tmstuk
Eight Point

Hunt In: Milam County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
My BIL murdered my little sister. She was 8 months pregnant. Still living the nightmare till this day
Was his initials dt?
tmstuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 08:57 PM   #87
Hockley
Six Point

Went on a date or two with a girl in college. Ended up drugging her husband and tying him to cinder blocks in a pond. Pond dried up and he was found.
Hockley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #88
Pullersboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Erath & Hamilton Counties.

Yep, quite a few times.
Pullersboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #89
Montec man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hare/Granger, Tx P.S. Theres no deer in Hare

A couple of em'. One was an engineer at the company I work for. Strange fellow....always made people feel uneasy and would say things that made you scratch your head nearly every time you'd talk to him. Seemed harmless enough, but he lost his job and a few months later went to Thanksgiving dinner at his Sister's house and after everyone left he beat her to death with a bar stool and then shot himself.

Last edited by Montec man; 06-14-2017 at 09:55 PM..
Montec man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 09:53 PM   #90
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

This has turned out to be a facinating thread
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 09:55 PM   #91
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

Y'all remember that body they found by the boat ramp that someone had beheaded? I used to work with the guy that was convicted of that..
be12hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 09:56 PM   #92
Tejas Wildlife
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ever I happen to be!
Default Or frightening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
This has turned out to be a facinating thread
Depending on how you look at it.
Tejas Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 10:02 PM   #93
Grayson
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Yes, my grandfather.
Grayson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 10:05 PM   #94
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Knew guy that drove a truck for us almost daily, he had an altercation with another truck driver one day, when I talked to him he looked and acted kinda strange, the look in his eyes was kinda spooky, found out he went home that evening and raped and killed a 9 yr little girl that was a friend of his daughter. I've carried ever day since, not that that guy would've had the nerve to confront another man, but I'll never forget that look, and don't ever want to be unprepared if I see it again.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 10:09 PM   #95
DuckDogTrainer
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over

Yes. Three. I was on a dove hunt with one about a year before he was arrested and I went to church with two others who both later killed their parents!
DuckDogTrainer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #96
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Bill and Hillary Clinton, although I've never met them in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swampa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 10:15 PM   #97
super_dave
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NW Smith County

My half-cousin strangled a gay with a pillow in a love/drug triangle gone bad and then went back to the scent to cut up the body with a saw and scattered the pieces on his grandpas ranch for pigs to eat. Does that count.
super_dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #98
DarrellS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties

One of my best friends is a convicted murderer. Depends on the situation. In his shoes, I'd probably done the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
DarrellS is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #99
Draco
Pope & Young

I had uncles on both sides of the family that had beaten guys to death. Neither got time. Years later one of them was beaten to death by several guys.

I was doing some stainless welding work for the county in the kitchen of the jail years ago. Welding leads were on the floor running through a locked door leading out side. I had a deputy there while working. I looked up a little later and he had gone some where. I was welding along and some one tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up and it was Henry Lee Lucas. He wanted to know where the lettuce was and was holding a sandwich he had obviously just made. I didn't see any deputies any where and all I could think of was the welding leads holding the door to the out side open. I didn't strike another arc until he was long gone and the deputy came back in.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2017, 10:36 PM   #100
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
I had uncles on both sides of the family that had beaten guys to death. Neither got time. Years later one of them was beaten to death by several guys.

I was doing some stainless welding work for the county in the kitchen of the jail years ago. Welding leads were on the floor running through a locked door leading out side. I had a deputy there while working. I looked up a little later and he had gone some where. I was welding along and some one tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up and it was Henry Lee Lucas. He wanted to know where the lettuce was and was holding a sandwich he had obviously just made. I didn't see any deputies any where and all I could think of was the welding leads holding the door to the out side open. I didn't strike another arc until he was long gone and the deputy came back in.
Holy crap. You didn't just meet a guy that killed someone in the heat of an argument. That fella killed a lot of someones.