Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #201
AJ the TP Guru
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Lexington/Elgin

No murderers, but I did personally know two bank robbers (different banks). Does that count?
AJ the TP Guru is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #202
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
My brother is serving life without parole at Angola for beating a guy to death with a hammer.

A couple of guys from high school shot another classmate, when they were 17, over some kind of theft ring. Turns out the victim was wired by the police.

Served in the military with a supply sergeant who killed a guy when the supply sergeant hit him with a pistol and inadvertently fired a round. Still don't know how he was able to serve after doing time.
Where in Louisiana you from? That ring killing sounds very familiar. I grew up in West Monroe a d I guy I went to school with is in Angola, since 1985 I believe, for a murder that he and two guys did during a robbery of some jewelry.

Bad part for me is that I stopped all three one night for shooting varmints, two days before the murder, and they had the weapons with them that they committed the murder with. I had to turn them loose because where they were shooting was considered the Parish (county), even though it was smack dab in the middle of the city.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
DFWPI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #203
91cavgt
Ten Point

When I was about 11 years old I shot my neighbor's son who was the same age as I was. The son had broken into our house on multiple occasions stealing stuff and the police would not do anything about it. So I took matters into my own hands.

I met him one day at the creek that separated our property from the neighbors. Told him to stop or else. He told me I wasn't going to do anything about it and started jumping back and forth across the creek. So I aimed at the back of his head and squeezed the trigger.

Luckily for me he was moving and I didn't lead him enough. The round passed cleanly through his shoulder.

I got VERY lucky that day. But, the kid never broke into our house again.
91cavgt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #204
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria/Fort Bend county, Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
When I was about 11 years old I shot my neighbor's son who was the same age as I was. The son had broken into our house on multiple occasions stealing stuff and the police would not do anything about it. So I took matters into my own hands.

I met him one day at the creek that separated our property from the neighbors. Told him to stop or else. He told me I wasn't going to do anything about it and started jumping back and forth across the creek. So I aimed at the back of his head and squeezed the trigger.

Luckily for me he was moving and I didn't lead him enough. The round passed cleanly through his shoulder.

Oh snap! What caliber?
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2017, 12:25 PM   #205
Outlaw_6
Ten Point

Hunt In: LA and "The H"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWPI View Post
Where in Louisiana you from? That ring killing sounds very familiar. I grew up in West Monroe a d I guy I went to school with is in Angola, since 1985 I believe, for a murder that he and two guys did during a robbery of some jewelry.

Bad part for me is that I stopped all three one night for shooting varmints, two days before the murder, and they had the weapons with them that they committed the murder with. I had to turn them loose because where they were shooting was considered the Parish (county), even though it was smack dab in the middle of the city.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This was in Bossier City around '88 or '89 and I believe it was more of vehicle break-ins.
Outlaw_6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #206
91cavgt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
Oh snap! What caliber?
.177 pointed hunting pellet. My pellet gun was one of those where it was at max power with just one pump. I pumped it up 3 times and aimed at the base of his skull while he was facing away from me.
91cavgt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #207
FLASH_OUTDOORS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kennard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post

Woah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FLASH_OUTDOORS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #208
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Went to school with a guy that was a few years older than me that had a whole list of folks to kill at school. He planned on it being bigger than Columbine until some of his buddies ratted him out before he could do any serial killin. A few years later he shot himself point blank range in the leg with a .410 pistol because he wanted to know what it felt like to get shot. I don't know if it was everything he thought it would be.....or maybe it was. Either way he's a sack a nuts. Seriously he's crazy....certifiably.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #209
mm5455
Eight Point

Hunt In: George West Texas,Liberty County

A guy that I knew very well killed a guy in a gang related shooting . He's serving a life sentence . Another friend back in the day killed 2 guys when they tried to do a drive by at his home , He saw them exit the car and my friend hid behind a trash can and killed both guys . He beat that case. He's doing great for himself now.
mm5455 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #210
jshouse
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas

i went to the police academy in 2005 with a guy that a few years later killed his wife and then himself in front of his 2 or 3 toddlers, family members found the kids a few days later. seemed like a normal dude for the 5 months i knew him.

i went to school with a guy that was hired to kill another guy we all knew, they both ended up teaming up and killing the other guy, both will be in jail for a long time.

i've met a few others at work, some you werent surprised, some you were.
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #211
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

I've saved countless lives and a couple cats, just by changing my mind and switching lanes.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #212
treestand
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction Texas

Back in the 80's, I lived in Oklahoma and was heavily involved with the Jaycees. One of our programs was kind of an outreach at prisons where we would help them set up chapters in the inside. Got to know quite a few convicted murderers (they mostly claimed they were innocent). One really sticks out in my mind. He was the prison chapter president. Had perfect attendance at his meetings - rumor was it you missed a meeting you could expect a beat down. He, along with his wife, had been convicted of torturing and murdering his babysitter. She was also locked up and they divorced.

He impressed the warden with his running of the Jaycee chapter and eventually got sent to a halfway house where he could work during the day returning to lock-up every night. He met a girl and they got married. The warden gave him a weekend pass for a honeymoon of sorts. He still wasn't supposed to drink or drive but did both. Got into a wreck killing the other driver. Sent to maximum security. Last I saw of him he was on TV leading a prison riot at that maximum security prison.

What a guy!
treestand is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #213
Hughiam
Ten Point

Yep just recently. Had an employee, actually a good worker, then one day he quit showing up. He never turned in his keys and ID so we sent several letters and he never responded. I bumped into him at a gas station and he kinda sheepishly moved away and avoided eye contact. I kinda wrote it off then I heard his name on the radio a few months back. Seems he moved to Seattle or Spokane and he and his girlfriend killed the girlfriends grandmother for the inheritance.
Hughiam is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #214
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Three different times that I can recall:
1. My wife's uncle shot her aunt in the back of the head with a 20 ga., sat down on the bed and wrote a 5 page letter to his 6 and 9 year old sons as to why he did it, then stuck the gun in his mouth and took himself out... was in a white carpeted bedroom with white bedspread on the bed... the 9 year old came home from school and found 'em... He's almost 60 now and ain't been "right" since that day.

2. Young girl that was associated with our girl's softball league when I coached and my daughter played later got married to a drug-head... had a baby and of course, the "dad" took off for parts unknown... In a drug/alcohol induced stuper, she killed the baby and buried it in her back yard... she's in Huntsville now...

3. A guy that worked for me for over 15 years... to this day one of my most dependable and best employees I ever had... when he was a young man, another guy savagely raped his younger sister and crippled her for life. This guy went to a pawn shop bought a pistol, went to wally world and bought a box of bullets... went and found the guy in a bar and shot him point blank between the eyes, then laid the gun on the bar and asked the bartender to call the cops. He surrendered, got 30 years for manslaughter (apparently the rapist tried to attack him before he actually produced the pistol). After 20 years, he got out and went to work for me about 10 years later... To this day, I'd trust that man with my life, but "technically" I guess he's a murderer...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #215
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

#3 has got real guts..Dang shame he had to go to jail for it.Good brother right there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #216
doublearrow
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart8 View Post
#3 has got real guts..Dang shame he had to go to jail for it.Good brother right there.

He did what we all say we would do in that situation. If I were to sit on a jury for something like that, I'd vote not guilty everytime

Last edited by doublearrow; 06-20-2017 at 06:18 PM..
doublearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #217
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublearrow View Post
He did what we all say we would do in that situation. If I were to sit on a jury for something like that, I'd vote not guilty everytime
Yes sir.

Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #218
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Thanks guys. He didn't know I knew about his past or many years. One day we got to talking about " old times" and he mentioned that he'd done some bad stuff when he was younger. I told him that I admired him for his courage and character. He asked me how long I'd known. I told him since a week before I hired him. He sat there and cried like a baby. He's retired now but we still talk from time to time.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #219
IowaHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iowa

My neighbor escaped from Coral Eugene Watts here in Houston in 1982. She was tied up in a bathtub, got out as he was trying to drown her roommate and jumped head first off the second floor balcony. Look him up if you don't know him - crazy sucker.
IowaHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #220
slabnabbin
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHunter View Post
My neighbor escaped from Coral Eugene Watts here in Houston in 1982. She was tied up in a bathtub, got out as he was trying to drown her roommate and jumped head first off the second floor balcony. Look him up if you don't know him - crazy sucker.

Wow! I watched a show on him and know exactly who you are talking about.

slabnabbin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #221
Eagle19
Ten Point

Hunt In: Every where in Texas

When I was over at a buddy's drinking beer. One of his buddies came over and we were all talking in the garage. Turns out the dudes 70 year old neighbor was having relations with 19 year old daughter and his wife. He had just separated from the relationship and was in a bad place.

Bumped into him a year or so later and asked if he heard anymore on the old neighbor. With the straightest face I've seen, he said, "Oh yeah, he ain't alive anymore."

I didn't ask anymore questions because I didn't want to know. But I'm pretty sure he killed the dude.

Eagle19 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2017, 07:43 PM   #222
SCREAMINREELS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF

My family bought a house back in the 70s when neighborhood was good and moved in the 90s as it went to crap (Greenspoint in Houston) I was still a kid but neighbor that I went to school with / played with in the afternoons was already starting to follow the gang kids younger brothers around in elementary. We moved out of the hood. Heard a few years later he shot and killed an old woman he robbed at the age of 16

Know an older man that did a long sentence for killing someone with a hammer while robbing their house.

I've went to school hung out occasionally with a kid that was beat to death and left in a ditch in highschool. He got into drugs and was another wanna be thug. They didn't find the killer
SCREAMINREELS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2017, 09:18 PM   #223
Drop Tine
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere and anything legal

Guy I went to high school with shot a co-worker a couple months ago when they were drinking one weekend. Buried him in the woods apparently and they had a missing persons report on the guy. He shared the post... Then confessed and tried to claim self defense a few weeks later. We always knew he was a little off. His dad murdered his mother just a few years ago when she told him she wanted a divorce.

Heard another guy from high school is doing life for shaking his baby to death. There is no understanding that kind of evil. Hope he gets beat down weekly in there.
Drop Tine is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2017, 12:09 AM   #224
Russ81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mason County, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by be12hunt View Post
Y'all remember that body they found by the boat ramp that someone had beheaded? I used to work with the guy that was convicted of that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
My brother went to school with him in Danbury. Said one time he stabbed a guy in school with scissors.

Yea that lit the rumor mill up at ineos during the TAR the victim was working.

Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top