Ted Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted Williams

So I’m watching a Netflix documentary on ted Williams and it reminded me that he spent 5 years of his prime fighting for our country in WWII and Korea. Can you imagine any of these prima donna pro athletes doing this nowadays. Yes there are some exceptions. But ****, times sure have changed.

Ted Williams

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
    So I’m watching a Netflix documentary on ted Williams and it reminded me that he spent 5 years of his prime fighting for our country in WWII and Korea. Can you imagine any of these prima donna pro athletes doing this nowadays. Yes there are some exceptions. But ****, times sure have changed.

Get back to me when he pitches his first no hitter.

Seriously though nothing like that will ever happen again. Jordan playing baseball is the closest thing and that’s child’s play compared to going into the military for 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 04-12-2019, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      Get back to me when he pitches his first no hitter.

What’s your point? Yeah let’s see a pitcher hit .406. Apples and oranges.
      Last edited by JLivi1224; 04-12-2019, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        What’s your point? Yeah let’s see a pitcher hit .406. Apples and oranges.

My Babe Ruth gif didn’t show up

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          My Babe Ruth gif didn’t show up

Ahhhh. Makes since now. Haha

Comment

Ted Williams is a great story. True American Patriot. Things got real weird at the end of his life though. If I remember correctly, he was frozen in a Kryo chamber. Also read once that his body had been tampered with while stored at the kryo morgue. That last statement was read on the internet and not sure it was a valid source so don't bash me too hard.

Comment

I'm not much of a baseball fan but I never realized he was Mexican American till I watched that documentary. Great flick. I recommend it even if you ain't much of a baseball fan.

Comment

to be fair Teds generation wasn't exactly jumping out of their cleats to sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by duck_slayer89 View Post
                  to be fair Teds generation wasn't exactly jumping out of their cleats to sign up.
                  This^^^^^.

Some of today's athlete would have similar stories if they were forced via the draft to serve. Not taking away from Ted, but it's not the same to compare with today's volunteer military

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                    I'm not much of a baseball fan but I never realized he was Mexican American till I watched that documentary. Great flick. I recommend it even if you ain't much of a baseball fan.

I don’t understand why you feel it necessary to point out Mexican American..... both his parents were Americans and his Mother happened to be 1/2 Mexican decent.
                    What if his mother was also
                    Half Norwegian? Would you refer to Ted Williams as a Norwegian American???
                    Ticks me off with this PC crap.

And yes, it is a great movie

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                      I don’t understand why you feel it necessary to point out Mexican American..... both his parents were Americans and his Mother happened to be 1/2 Mexican decent.
                      What if his mother was also
                      Half Norwegian? Would you refer to Ted Williams as a Norwegian American???
                      Ticks me off with this PC crap.

And yes, it is a great movie
                      I think he was referring to the fact that had anyone known he was Mexican American, he wouldn’t have been allowed to play in MLB, and we would’ve never heard of Ted Williams. JMO

Comment

I dont understand these people who get frozen hoping for someone to cure their ailments and bring them back to life. When your dead your soul is gone one place or another so if your body is brought back to life you will not be.
                        Knuckleheads

Comment

When I was a little kid, I used to idolize Ted Williams because he endorsed all that spiffy outdoor equipment in the Sears catalog.

Comment

Didn't he point out home plate being like 1/4" out of square or something when he got back from the military?

The Jordan comparison is pretty poor one. I remember reading somewhere that he went to play baseball because of some gambling problem, but its internet so who knows.

Pat Tillman is the comparison you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post

Pat Tillman is the comparison you are looking for.

Yes indeed. Both great men

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X