No announcement yet.

Savage 12FV vs. Rem 700 ADL Varmint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Savage. Saw a guy at the range shoot one hole groups with one right out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      That’s insane accuracy even for a custom rig!! Good shooting. Any pics?
      Thanks. I attribute a lot of it to my trigger swaps. I’ll have to go look for pics. I know I have some somewhere. My 22-250 shoots as good as my Senderos hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        I’ve got a saying for savage rifles.

They are like fat girls. They put out good but you don’t brag to your friends about them. LOL. Might get me in trouble here but it’s true. They are ugly. Way too many parts in the bolt. Very ugly. Trigger is awful and they are ugly. But most, not all of them shoot well.
        Best description of Savage I have seen! Man they are ugly rifles.

Comment

I have 12fv in 6.5 creed and it shoots better than I do. I also have 700 sps varmint 22-250 in a houge stock and it is the most consistently accurate rifle I own. As long as you don't get a dud I think it would have to come down to personal preference.

Comment

I have both guns you are looking at. Both guns will shoot respectable if I do my part. They are not benchrest guns but they both shoot lights out for a hunting rifle. I would say choose which ever one fits you best.

Comment

I’ll take the Remington over the savage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                I’ll take the Remington over the savage.

Maybe an old 700 but savage has come a long way..

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  Maybe an old 700 but savage has come a long way..

Yep a long way from being a trotline weight still isn’t very far.

Disclaimer I own I believe 3 savages in different models and calibers. Won two of them and bought one from my brother. I wouldn’t buy one off the shelf with all the other options out there.

The guys bashing the new remingtons probably haven’t shot one. They will shoot just as good as any in same price range.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
                    Any of yall have an opinion on either of these in 22-250? price point is about the same after the rem rebate

https://www.cabelas.com/product/REMI...5.uts?slotId=1
                    So which one did you get?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Savage if you like to do your own gun smithing. Changing barrels by you self if you want to change calibers, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        Yep a long way from being a trotline weight still isn’t very far.

Disclaimer I own I believe 3 savages in different models and calibers. Won two of them and bought one from my brother. I wouldn’t buy one off the shelf with all the other options out there.

The guys bashing the new remingtons probably haven’t shot one. They will shoot just as good as any in same price range.

Send me all your savages I’ll send you some trot line weights

Comment

Working...
                        X