No announcement yet.

Dogs on Leather Couches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a weim and lab, they are on the couch 24/7. We bought a thick leather section that cost a pretty penny. Some of the wear looks rustic and a good condition will clean it up to new.

Comment

Dogs on Leather Couches

Done and done

Our set is about 15 yrs old and has worn like iron. I’m more concerned with my five and several year old boys and the three kids ranging from two to eight my wife watches after school during the week than I am the dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 05-23-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

We got a scat mat for our golden. It just gives you a little shock if you sit on it. I don’t even turn it on anymore, if she sees it on the couch she stays off.

Comment

Ours make themselves right at home. They aren't allowed on the beds but no big deal with the couches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190523_155919.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	24580222

Name:	20190523_155901.jpg
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	24580223

Name:	Screenshot_20190523-155825_Gallery.jpg
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	24580224

Comment

I have some that are thick heavy grey leather from restoration hardware. I have two pits that use the coaches as their personal beds. They get scratched up from the nails but, I don't think it looks bad. Every year or so I hit them with leather conditioner and they look brand new. The mud when its raining on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
              Wow. Had no idea this many will let dogs on the furniture. Due to a little E-collar training, you can't throw my dog on the couch.
              Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
              Dogs on couches? No comprendo.
              We have a deal. My dog don't get on the furniture and I don't crap in the yard. Works out well.

Comment

Not only nope, but HELL NOPE! My last 2 Rotties enjoyed the fabric couches, but when we went to leather in the living rom on my 4th and 5th Rotties, they were not allowed on any furniture, except maybe on the bed everyone once in a while!

Comment

If you get real leather I believe it will be just fine. Be careful of the “bonded” leather which is a cheaper leather that will look like hell after a year or two of animal claws. Bonded leather looks good and feels real but wears out fast

Comment

Our dogs have a leather couch they let us sit on sometimes.

It’s pretty much worn out after about ten years, but I think I’m harder on it than they are

Comment

Our chihuahua spends quite a bit of time on ours. It is thick leather but still scuffs. Our dog is the reason I won't spend big bucks on a couch. That and I am cheap.

Comment

Man my dogs really love being out side... at least they haven’t told me otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                          I like my dogs WAY better than most people I know, so if y'all come over you'll probably have to sit on the floor....or on the porch.

This right here

Comment

I have 2 60ish lb dogs and they lay on our couch. Had the couch for at least 8yrs no problem. If you get real leather you want have a problem.

Comment

I don't understand the question...
                              Attached Files

Comment

We put towels on ours so they stay in ok shape longer. When company comes over we take them off. But the dogs still allowed on them. Heck our dog sleeps in our bed, and kicks my wife out every night, and she ends up on the couch. Why not the spare bed I don’t know. And the dog rides in the front seat of my trucks, any one with rides in the back seat, or she stands on their lap. It’s Just the way it is. They don’t like it, they drive separate.
                                Last edited by critter69; 05-24-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X