TX Coast RV Park Info ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX Coast RV Park Info ?

Hey guys, looking to plan a trip for spring break. Thinking of borrowing my dads Rv and going to the coast. I am not that familiar with Tx coast besides S Padre. And don't really want to drive that far.

Looking at Port A i think. Would also have our 3 and almost 2 year old with us so would like to have somewhat nice beach and other things for them to do.

I would also like to bring the boat and fish the bay. So would be cool if they could walk and play on beach if I'm out fishing.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gulf Waters RV park is really nice...and pricey for an RV park. but it has it's own access to the beach and they rent golf carts that you can drive on the beach. They have a pool as well. They do have restrictions on what RV's they allow in the park, such as it has to be in good condition, hard sided (no pop ups) and must be at least 24' (I think).

Comment

Be careful since you’ll have your family with you, Port A attracts a lot of “spring breakers”.

Comment

When we went to Port Aransas we would stay at Pioneer RV. Short walk to the beach via the boardwalk. Nice park.

Comment

2nd gulf waters. Really nice park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might want to start calling today, lots of construction workers here staying in the parks

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
              Be careful since you’ll have your family with you, Port A attracts a lot of “spring breakers”.
              Thats what i was worried about. May end up heading back East to LA to avoid crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                When we went to Port Aransas we would stay at Pioneer RV. Short walk to the beach via the boardwalk. Nice park.
                We like Pioneer purdy good. It is a good place if you want no drama, I hear it took a good hit with the hurricane.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  Thats what i was worried about. May end up heading back East to LA to avoid crowds.

Port Oconnor may be another option

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Port Oconnor may be another option
                    I'll check that out. Thanks

Comment

Sargent has some rv parks. We don't really get that big of a spring break crowd.

Comment

Bumping this.

A friend has a time share in Galveston, its right by sea isle.

How bad are the spring breakers down there?

Would look at taking kids to Moody gardens Etc. And play on the sand a bit outside of town. Is there places we could let the kids play in the sand and not have to worry about the current by san luis pass?

Comment

Matagorda has a number of rv parks, one right on the mouth of the river where it goes into the gulf.

Comment

we went to the nueces county park (port aransas)on the beach last year the week after spring break. not crowded at all, and i hate crowds. went to the aircraft carrier in corpus and there was a guy catching trout right next to the ship wadefishing. state aquarium is there. great for kids. you can also rv camp on the beach with permit.
                            you can buy aquarium tickets on your phone and bypass the lines.

Comment

Stay in rock port. They have a small beach in the bay for kids. Parks are cheaper and better restaurants. Otherwise pioneer, port a rv are nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X