Ever flat out lied to your kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever flat out lied to your kids?

I did. I made spaghetti for the kids tonite...instead of beef, I used doe. My daughter, who is 11 refuses to eat deer...cuz cute and stuff. Anyways, she loved the spaghetti, ranted and raved about it.

Im at a crossroads, do I tell her I lied and betrayed her...or do I just shut my danged mouth? My 6 year old son does not care, he wanted to kill and eat a possum the other day.

My biggest concern with telling her the truth is that she won’t trust me anymore.

Yep...I keep telling them Santa is real and the Easter bunny as well as the boogieman

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Yep...I keep telling them Santa is real and the Easter bunny as well as the boogieman
      End thread, great response.

Comment

Mix a little beef with it and then you will be telling the truth.

Comment

Just let it go. That’s what I did.

Comment

I know how that would go over at my house.. I would keep the 'Secret Ingredient' for the awesome dinner between you and God!

Comment

I never tell my kids.
              Well, one time I did.
              Now they won't eat spaghetti anymore.

Comment

don't even mention it. Act like it's no big deal

Comment

If you want to cook doe spaghetti again, I would let it slide.

Comment

Don't tell her unless she asks.

My Sister is the same way...refuses to eat any wild game. A few years ago her husband made spaghetti using venison. Just so happened that a styrofoam package from some Kroger ground beef was lying in the trash can at the time and she assumed that's what he used in the spaghetti. She didn't ask and he didn't tell. She LOVED the stuff!!
                    After realizing what happened, my BIL secretly saved the store bought hamburger package and kept it hidden in a cabinet. Every time he cooked ground venison he would pull it out and lay it on top of the trash can. Every time she would look in the trash and assume that's what she was eating. Went on for several months before she caught on that it was the same package she had been seeing every time. She was not happy when they told her she had been eating venison for months...and loving it.

She still won't eat wild game if she knows that's what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                      My 6 year old son does not care, he wanted to kill and eat a possum the other day.
                      This made me giggle my arse off. I hope my kid ends up the same way

Comment

If she didint get hurt let it ride

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                          This made me giggle my arse off. I hope my kid ends up the same way
                          We were riding the 4 wheeler around the property and came across a possum. I turned it off and we watched it for a few minutes. He turned around and whispered, “can we kill it and eat it?””

My heart dang near burst cuz I was so proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                            If you want to cook doe spaghetti again, I would let it slide.
                            May have to make doe hamburgers,chili,roast,steak for more
                            proof that venison is better. Then tell her

Comment

Originally posted by shinesintx View Post
                              we were riding the 4 wheeler around the property and came across a possum. I turned it off and we watched it for a few minutes. He turned around and whispered, “can we kill it and eat it?””

my heart dang near burst cuz i was so proud.
                              lol!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X