No announcement yet.

Quitting my job to start my own business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I'm a "small outdoor product company". Lets talk.
    Good luck.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Good luck sir. Me personally never wanted to own my on company.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Hey I'm a "small outdoor product company". Lets talk.
          Good luck.
          Same here...

Comment

Best of luck! When you get your site up post it on here for feedback, things like user ability and the home page are most important. On average, within 15 seconds of viewing your home page the viewer will no if they are going to go further into your site. Also 60% of website views are done on small devices now, so having the screen able to convert to a tablet, phone or mac is very important..

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
              Same here...

X3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not have the entrepreneurial gene, but envy those that do.

Comment

Good luck!!! Sometimes quitting your job and just going full bore is the only way to do it. Working it on the side and having a fallback can keep you from being successful. Too easy to quit and go back to doing what is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    X3

Let it generate some income first

So funny story. I decided all this about 3 weeks ago. Bought the domain name and started filing my Llc. I worked 90 hours last week and last Saturday I decided I needed to pursue the business a little more. Created a logo and made business cards saturday night. Went to the boat show and talked to several different companies and exchanged cards and contacts. I reached to some smaller outdoor product companies on Instagram and they replied on Sunday and told me to call them asap on Monday. Monday was a busy day for me for me at work so I couldn't call them until I got off. But the phone calls went very well from a standpoint of that I've never made a sales call. No contract on the table yet but both those companies had to talk with their "investors" so I'll give them some time and follow up.

Come Tuesday morning my wife asked me what's wrong. I told her that something was just telling me that morning that I needed to put in my two weeks. I've never hated my job, sure it's had it's rough patches, but up to that point I feel like I didn't plan on quitting any time soon. I blew it off and went to a meeting at the office that morning. After the meeting my boss pulled me aside and basically gave me an ultimatum of to keep working for him or part ways and shake hands. He wasn't really being rude about but he said I had been out of it the past month, and went on to tell me how I kept the company afloat(pay has never reflected that) and wasn't sure if I was just board or what.... But the thing that bugged me was I'm not bored and I haven't been out of it, I've been working 60-90 hours a week the last month because the rest off them were off for christmas or on vacation.

The other problem is I make about 100 phone calls a day to sub contractors so I don't have time for hour long sales conversations via phone.

So I figure I can keep spending 40+ hours a week working for him and not have time for it as a side hustle or put the same time in and start my own business.

My dad is pretty business savy and always had side hustles and has always cautioned me on taking a jump. But he was very supportive this time, it was kind of weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                      Good luck!!! Sometimes quitting your job and just going full bore is the only way to do it. Working it on the side and having a fallback can keep you from being successful. Too easy to quit and go back to doing what is easy.
                      This. Cut that tie and run with it.

Comment

This sounds very exciting. I really envy the people that step out there and take chances like this. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Fair warning, when they said they need to talk to someone "investors", you basically lost the sale. I wish you the best of luck bud! Will take lots of hard work and will learn as you go. Learning experiences are the hardest lessons and usually from messing something up.

Comment

Good luck!!! I'm rooting for you!!

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                                Best of luck! When you get your site up post it on here for feedback, things like user ability and the home page are most important. On average, within 15 seconds of viewing your home page the viewer will no if they are going to go further into your site. Also 60% of website views are done on small devices now, so having the screen able to convert to a tablet, phone or mac is very important..
                                This conversion to tablets, phones, and other devices is called a "Responsive Web Design." That's what you'll need to look for if you're researching.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X