Deadhead found.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadhead found.

Found this guy the other day while looking for sheds. Never saw him this past year. He was a regular at one of my stands for the few years prior. Not a monster but a nice buck.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7421.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	25176982Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7535.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	25176983

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hate to hear that...

Comment

Free euro

Comment

Its in great condition considering it's laid out there for over a year. Sux that it happens but momma nature doesn't play favorites. At least you got the cool find out of it.

Comment

A lot of bucks die after the rut. Nice condition there.

Comment

He needs one more year.

Comment

How old was he in that photo
              Looks like he died last winter (17/18)?

Nice brows

BP

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                Its in great condition considering it's laid out there for over a year. Sux that it happens but momma nature doesn't play favorites. At least you got the cool find out of it.

I was surprised how good it still looked. Hardly chewed on. It will look great hanging on the wall above the bar.

Comment

Geeez what a shame. Beautiful symmetry, hope he cast some seed. Wonder how he died ?

Comment

Very nice buck!

Comment

Really surprised with how clean it looks, it's ready for the wall!

Comment

That would be a monster buck in my part of the woods (west Texas). Good find.

Comment

Looks like that rack was from the same year that picture was taken. Usually when a antler has laid around for a while rats or squirrels will gnaw on the antlers, coyotes will also chew on the antlers. Antlers or bones, will often get moved around from their original location by coyotes carrying them around then chewing on them. I have been seeing many pictures of what are supposed to be complete intact deer skeletons found out in the wild, with no damage. I have never seen one like that anywhere I have hunted, they are usually scattered over a very large area by coyotes and even vultures. Most of the complete, intact deer skeletons I have been seeing posted up are on mule deer groups I am on. The pictures are from areas, that should have lots of coyotes and some areas likely have wolves and theses skeletons are perfect. I keep thinking those are somehow staged pictures or photo shopped.

Comment

That left antler looks like it has two clear sharp lines around the base of it. Almost looks like it two lines cut in the base of the antler. Can you tell what that is or can you get a closer picture of that area of that antler?

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              That left antler looks like it has two clear sharp lines around the base of it. Almost looks like it two lines cut in the base of the antler. Can you tell what that is or can you get a closer picture of that area of that antler?
                              Stems from that little yellow flower.

Comment

Working...
                              X