Doubles when dove hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Couple of times with doves and teal, coolest part was when I caught a dove out of the sky I shot. It was flying right at me, if I didn't catch it, it would have hit me.

I did that for the first time last year. Thing moving about 100mph straight at me. Caught it one handed like a fast ball. 2 guys sitting further down started clapping. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no problem skillet shooting 4 or 5 at a time sitting on the edge of a concrete water trough. Gotta eat somehow.

Comment

It’s actually very easy to do if there are a lot of birds.

Get on the first bird then wait for the second bird to line up and pull the trigger...

If you try to flock shoot them it doesn’t work...

Comment

did it for the first time on opening day this year! such a good feeling!

Comment

I've done it twice! the key is to get directly in the flyway and you aim at the lead bird and end up hitting him and the one behind him!

Also, shot seven out of one tree with one shot! Sure improved my %

Comment

I’ve actually never done it with dove but I hardly hunt em. I’ve done it with teal one time..

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                It’s actually very easy to do if there are a lot of birds.

Get on the first bird then wait for the second bird to line up and pull the trigger...

If you try to flock shoot them it doesn’t work...
                Flock shot some pigeons Saturday, knocked down my first double! I was a bit surprised.

Comment

A few times with dove but have had it happen more with teal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I actually didn't do too bad over all. Went through one box of shells killed and found 15 and wounded 3 I never found. I dropped the legs on them and they kept flying. My buddy almost went through two boxes of shells to get his limit.

I normally crack into a 2nd box before my limit is reached. I was being more selective with the shots I was taking. But I also shoot starlings and sparrows if they fly through. I didn't see any of those.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 09-03-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      It sure helps with your average of shot to kill ratio. I about quit after I did it. About ten minutes later I missed one three times.lol
                      I can’t recall ever doing it on dove, but I have tripled on teal.

And I doubled on quail. Made for a fine hunt. 15 quail in 15 shots fired. That double erased a miss from earlier in the day.

Comment

Done it once but it was two pigeons while dove hunting.

Comment

I've only doubled in one shot once when flushing them walking the field in the middle of the day, like quail hunting. It's rare that I ever see a group that's close enough for a double in one shot.

Comment

I got a 2 for 1 yesterday evening. First time in a long time.

Comment

Can’t recall it with doves. Many times hunting teal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot a double for the first time last season. Pure luck, but it sure was cool.
                                My brother was hunting for the first time with me and I just brushed it off like it was no big deal and it happens all the time. (Inside I was as giddy as a little girl).

Comment

Working...
                                X