Crazy arrow flight movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy arrow flight movement

I could see how an arrow could move up before it does down, similar to a bullet, but at 30 yards my arrows are going up, left, down, then right. The best way to explain this is it is like a change up in its movement. (A sick, filthy change up no one could ever touch.)

I will try to get a video, but is this normal?

Shooting 640 gr Black Eagle Rampage, 29" long, 250 spine, 4 Bohning Heat vanes...

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    I could see how an arrow could move up before it does down, similar to a bullet, but at 30 yards my arrows are going up, left, down, then right. The best way to explain this is it is like a change up in its movement. (A sick, filthy change up no one could ever touch.)

I will try to get a video, but is this normal?

Shooting 640 gr Black Eagle Rampage, 29" long, 250 spine, 4 Bohning Heat vanes...
    No, this is not normal

Comment

Is this with field point or broadhead?

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
        Is this with field point or broadhead?
        Field point.

It ends up coming back on target and there is no difference between left and right, or 20 and 30 yd.

Comment

Spine or clearance issue. Maybe a splintered arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            Spine or clearance issue. Maybe a splintered arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            All 12 of them are doing this unfortunately.

Comment

you must be hitting the rest or riser....or the rest is getting hung up.

Comment

I went to Fort Grard in Weatherford Sunday. They tuned my bow...everything was out of whack, things a beginner doesn't know to look for. The timing was off, the draw length was off, the peep was off... They measured me and got my peep moved up, set my draw length to 29", (I was told my DL was 28.5", but my cams were set to 28 and 26.) A lot of errors and I was correcting them with my sight instead of fixing the problem.

We are good to go now. Shooting bullet holes in paper. Thee guy who tuned it put a 5 shot group within a 50 cent piece. If there is a mistake, it is now on the archer!

Comment

THIS time it was the bow and not the archer!

Comment

Definitely getting contact somewhere it sounds like.

Comment

Check your fletchings when the arrow is mounted on the sting. They could be coming in contact with the riser or the rest. May just be as simple as rotating the arrow a little bit.

Comment

I thought I would shoot a few practice shots with my broad heads since it had been 6 weeks or so last week. I was throwing 2 foot sliders with my broadheads. I missed the target completely twice at 30 yards. I just got it fixed at Live oak archery in Bryan. I don't know how all that stuff got outta whack but it did!
                        1. Bottom cam was outta time.
                        2. The cord to my rest was to tight.
                        3. The rest was very slightly off.
                        4. He flip flopped something holding the rod thru the cam and called it something I have never heard of before.
                        Like others have said . Make sure your fletching isn't touching too.

I will tell you also, I had to change my tape for my distances after they fixed it.
                        This is at 60 yards yesterday. I am old and a horrible shot. I can't hardly see 60 yards. This was great for me!
                        Amazing what a tuned bow will do!

Now if I could only figure out how not to have GIGANTIC PICTURES
                        Attached Files

Comment

4 vanes, sounds like they are touching something. Try shooting 3 vanes.

What rest?

Comment

Glad you got it fixed up.

#1 rule....bow MUST be tuned before you start making adjustments.

Comment

Also, don’t shoot broadheads into that bag target, you may not get them back!

Comment

Working...
                              X