Game Fencing Costs in the rolling planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Fencing Costs in the rolling planes

I am looking to get a ball park estimant for building 5 miles of 8' fence in Shackelford co.

I have heard all sorts of different #'s thrown out, but has anyone built one in the last couple years and could provide me with a pricing guess?

thanks in advance!

We had 4646 feet done,steel post and t post and only top strand of high fence lower fence was still good, cost of 15,331.80. We are in kerr county had it done about one year ago hope it helps thinking about trying to do the two other sides our self we will see. good luck.

Comment

My brother just built one around his place in Lohn near Brady this past summer. Told me it cost him approximately $20,000 per mile ($3.79 per foot).

Comment

You will be looking at 15-20k per mile.

Comment

I always heard $4-$5 a foot.

Comment

I had six miles done three years ago. The fence was $16,000 a mile. Add in dozer work and a maintainer to straighten things out it went right at $20,000 per mile.

Comment

thanks everyone... .$3.50/ foot sounds about right

Comment

Dang that is expensive!!! Buy the material and a tractor and save some money.

Comment

More you do, the cheaper it'll be on a per foot basis. Takes less time and slightly less materials to do say a straight line mile than a bunch of cross fences that equal a mile. Would suggest spending the extra $ and getting a good heavy gauge wire that gets smaller between strands towards the bottom. 2 level standard goat fence is cheaper, but requires more maintenance and ultimately won't last as long.

Comment

Originally posted by Txnrog View Post
                    More you do, the cheaper it'll be on a per foot basis. Takes less time and slightly less materials to do say a straight line mile than a bunch of cross fences that equal a mile. Would suggest spending the extra $ and getting a good heavy gauge wire that gets smaller between strands towards the bottom. 2 level standard goat fence is cheaper, but requires more maintenance and ultimately won't last as long.
                    I would use the "tightlock" stuff. Keeps the yotes out better too.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                      I would use the "tightlock" stuff. Keeps the yotes out better too.
                      Isnt anything going to keep the yotes out unless you counter sink fence or concrete...even then they will find a way in.

Do NOT skimp on your fence. You will pay for it later. Do NOT use a two piece fence. Saves you pennies per foot but again will cost you in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X