Best kind of stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best kind of stand?

What’s the best type of rifle stand. Wood,fiberglass, metal or plastic? Looking at something big enough for two people.

You get what you pay for. Fiberglass and metal blinds will last a very long time. You could make some really good wood blinds cheap and have them last a while. Easy to replace when needed.

I recommend at least a 4’x6’ for 2 people.

Comment

Keg stand

Comment

My next blind will be a krivoman

Comment

We have some made of wood that are starting to fall apart. Just wondering if the fiberglass ones are better

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
            You get what you pay for. Fiberglass and metal blinds will last a very long time. You could make some really good wood blinds cheap and have them last a while. Easy to replace when needed.

This ^

Although the way I build them, even wood ones aren't all that cheap I think I have roughly $750 in mine that I built last month. I do believe I'll bite the bullet next time and either buy a Krivoman, a Dillon, or pay my old boss to build a metal stand and be done with it for the next 15-20 years

Comment

I made some in 2000 using 2x2 frame and 3/8" plywood for the sides and 1/2 Ply wood for the roof. It is an open window design and set in the outdoors year round. It finally fell apart this summer during a storm. I only painted one time, right when I built them. So 17 years is not a bad run for a plywood blind. I would imagine they would have lasted longer with better maintenance

Comment

Let your pocket book be your guide. I have built a lot of blinds and when I used the cheaper material it wouldn't last. The last two I have built on one I used left over metal siding to skin it with and the other smart board. I imagine both will be around a long time. Both are 6X8 and easily will hunt two to three. If I had more money than time I would buy a fiberglass stand but I'm just too tight with my money.

Comment

Tank Blind is my pick

Comment

Fiberglass are good, but most have a wooden floor that will eventually rot out. The way the floor is glassed into the blind makes them hard to replace. Metal ones are the best for longevity, but can be loud.

Comment

Without spending a fortune.

Metal frame with quality,painted skins. Easier to stand and move. I have a steel tower i built in 1992. Its skinned with leftover billboard wood and is 5x5 and 15' to the floor

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have some very old wood blinds that are warm and dry
                        But the wood ain’t cheap. However if you paint them occasionally and put proper roof, they will last. I tar papered and shingled mine. I painted my plywood inside and out with “oops “ outdoor paint. several coats before I put the stand together
                        But my krivoman is nice. During the rain saturday pm I was comfortable. Plenty big for two
                        Easy to move and raise off the ground.
                        Last edited by Big pig; 10-22-2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post

another vote here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

2x Keg stand!

Comment

Working...
                            X