Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the coldest weather you've hunted in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single digits up in the panhandle.... all I know is when you rattle in a buck and are keeping your back tension release in your hand warmer pocket thing to keep it warm; dont drop it getting out to attach to your string for the shot. Otherwise, the buck comes in for 5 minutes at 10 yds and there is nothing you can do about it. You can look the 15 ft down to the ground where you release fell to, you can look at the buck and think, "I could probably shoot with my fingers!" But in the end, you watch him walk off and feel like a goof

Comment

sub zero, duck hunting in NW New Mexico

Comment

15 degrees

Comment

15 felt like 4 in the paloduro canyon a few years back when we had that big ice/snow storm come through TX

Comment

0 degrees in NY Catskills. Box blind with a heater. The Badlands convection bibs and jacket kept me toasty.
            Wear good base layer, like under armor cold gear.
            Good luck.

Comment

19 degrees

Comment

10 in CO in a tree stand. FYI - Kuiu is made more to be active not sit still. Double check what youre bringing to make sure you can last.

Comment

Single digits with wet snow...in Colorado....on foot...wet feet are cold feet....went to town after 2 pairs of boots and bought insulated rubber packs...much better than wet leather..

Comment

4 days (morning & evening hunts) in the teens w/the last day being 1*, in Minnesota this deer season about 105 miles south of Canada. It snowed every day. Most of the time was in a lean-to tree stand w/no real walls or heater. It kinda sucked.

Comment

13 Archer County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About 15 degrees in Kentucky one morning hunt, I saw a young six point buck that morning and about 50 Eastern Turkey's...had a Buddy Heater that helped!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

-17 degrees

Comment

-6, Late Season NM Mule Deer Archery Hunt

Comment

I did an all day sit in Iowa, in a treestand, from 11 degrees in the morning and got up to a blustery 18 for a high. Almost 12 hours. That was a LONG day.

Comment

Working...
                                X