Field knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field knife

I'm considering buying a new knife for the field hunting camping ect. I recently let a buddy borrow it only to be told it's not coming back lost in the field. I'm considering the kabar bk2 and the tops Tom brown tracker T1. Anybody have any experience or opinions of these two?

I have a KaBar Kukri machete, it is pretty wicked.

For a field knife that I will use for the rest of my life, I'd buy from one of the custom builders here on the forum. Jank, Stic, Chop and many others make gorgeous knives that will take tons of abuse, hold an edge, and mean a whole lot more than a store bought.

Comment

Well anybody know the people listed about to make a customer knife?

Comment

I have purchased 13 blades from Jermdog01.....

Do not contact him if you want a safe queen...

All my friends are very happy with their blades.

Comment

Rat 3

Comment

I have carried a fallkniven A1 for several years now. It is a great tool to have in the field.

Comment

I would buy one from the weekend camper rack at Wally world first.

For buddies that bum knives!

Comment

I have several made by Chops. They are absolutely gorgeous and are great in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  I have several made by Chops. They are absolutely gorgeous and are great in the field.
                  X10. Love my Chops knives!

Comment

The tom brown tracker is the last knife you want. That's the worst blade design you could want. I have a more maker in 1095 thats a quality blade.

Comment

Your buddy needs to buy you one.

Comment

Give ESEE knives a look. Extremely nice blades and very good quality. I carry the ESEE 4 back home and the ESEE 6 and ESEE Laser Strike here in the sandbox. Can't say enough good things about them and they have an unconditional lifetime warranty, even if you break it on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
                          Your buddy needs to buy you one.
                          Skin a deer with that tom brown tracker then post a video see how that works out for you. But wait there's more you after you skin a deer you can build a log cabin with the tom brown tacker alone!

Comment

Esee has some great all around knives. My favorite is the laser strike, stupid name but it is great for many tasks including skinning. The esee 4 would be another good all around knife. If you want a newer wonder steel knife get a benchmade bushcrafter.

Comment

I like ESEE knives as well. The 3 or 4 Will work great for what you've described.

Comment

Working...
                              X